Director of Experience Design
Oct 2011 - Present (10 years 1 month)
• Founded and built the Experience Design department and capabilities for the agency (across all major projects and clients)
• Implemented Human-Centered Design and Agile methodologies into the creative process
• Key member of agency leadership team. Implemented processes to create more effective collaboration between departments
• Conducted design workshops and mentorship sessions with various disciplines, departments and clients
Clients: Nationwide Insurance, Mizuno, Meijer, Golds Gym, Travelocity, Sherwin-Williams
Director of User Experience
Oct 2011 - Feb 2013 (1 year 4 months)
• Led UX strategy and conceptual development for an online travel start-up
• Developed an interactive prototype that successfully secured investors and over $1M in start-up capital
• Successfully maintained agile design process while managing a team of designers, developers and stakeholders around the globe (Durham, Boston, Providence, Sydney, Bangalore).
Associate Experience Director
Crispin Porter + Bogusky Europe
Aug 2010 - Oct 2011 (1 year 2 months)
• Sent to Europe to lead and grow the international UX department across offices in London and Sweden
• Directed creative work that ran in over 18 countries and in multiple languages, taking into account cultural nuances and sensitivities
• Played a key strategic role in successfully creating and selling international brand work to multiple clients and new business pitches
• Led European agency education on user-centered design capabilities, resulting in UX implementation across all European clients
Clients: Discovery Channel, Milka, Scania, Telia, Burger King UK
Senior Experience Designer
Crispin Porter + Bogusky
Mar 2008 - Sep 2010 (2 years 6 months)
• Spearheaded UX design in advertising culture; proving it essential for all interactive and integrated agency projects
• Helped build the UX department from 3-30 people and introduced new methods that were implemented cross-agency
• Designed two of Burger King’s most successful interactive advertising initiatives; Whopper Sacrifice and Whopper Virgins
• Designed OldNavyWeekly.com; the first digital circular of its kind generating over a million dollars in monthly revenue
Clients: Old Navy, Coke Zero, Guitar Hero, Best Buy, Jose Cuervo, Burger King, AMEX
Jun 2004 - Mar 2008 (3 years 9 months)
• Entrepreneurially led a freelance design consultancy; pitched, created, and delivered all strategy, creative, and production work
• Sought-out and won various clients; handled complex design problems and ensured on-time project delivery that surpassed expectations
• Cross-pollinated my design skills and offerings through successfully taking on multiple IA, Interactive, Fashion, Architectural, Graphic and Identity Design projects.
Clients: Burton, Nova Natural, Pure Wellness, Avian Resources, VWAC
Aug 2005 - Feb 2006 (6 months)
• One of three designers that was specially recruited to start and pilot Xplane’s satellite design office in San Francisco.
• Spearheaded ideation, idea architecture and interactive development of visual explanations for our client’s communication needs.
• Proved that creating information design solutions internationally in an collaborative process was less expensive, quicker to produce and ultimately more effective.