Men´s Collection Manager
Jan 2013 - Present (8 years 5 months)
- Lead and manage Men´s design team.
- Work closely with Creative Director in the creation of seasonal collections with strong stories which support and drive the future vision of the brand.
- Liaise with Color and Materials Research Manager and Creative Director to review Leather and Color directions. Lead and direct designers in allocating and selecting.
- Construct range architecture by integrating the various dimensions of product type, product segment, price point, customer targets, geographic targets and distribution appropriate to the brands objectives..
- Brief and build compelling product in order to achieve growth in the form of unit sales, revenues and profits.
- Manage product development through a process with designers, developers and factories from initial briefing up to delivery of salesman samples.
- Liaise with Head Buyer to present new collections, receive feedback and input and take appropriate course of action.
- Strong analytical skills reviewing sell in, sell through and the vision to know how to react to this information.
- Present final collection at international sales meeting.
Design Manager – Before & After Category
May 2009 - Jan 2013 (3 years 8 months)
- Lead Designer for casual, active men & women ranges for the international market.
- Directed and coordinated work of in-house Before & After design team.
- Setting Leather & Color directions.
- Creating new seasonal last shapes liaising with in-house last-maker.
- Creating technical Drawings for new outsoles and reviewing blueprints.
Footwear and Sporting Goods Designer
Outpost Creatives (Freelance Consultancy)
Oct 2007 - May 2009 (1 year 7 months)
“Based in Berlin, we serve as your lookout, your eyes and your ears absorbing everything we experience in this crazy town in order to bring you the freshest designs”.
- Clients included: Asics Onitsuka Tiger, Le Coq Sportif, Fila, Camper, MBT, Mammut, Tchibo, Sprandi (emerging market Russia), Irie Daily (Apparel),
Senior Footwear Designer
Oct 2005 - Oct 2007 (2 years)
- Headed up the Complete Running footwear range. Responsible for driving a new sophisticated aesthetic not yet found in the running market by combining technical know-how with Puma`s reputation as a style leader.
- 2008 Beijing Olympics. Designer of Usain Bolts record breaking, gold medal winning track spike.
- Liaised with Apparel and Lifestyle BUs in order to deliver a cohesive range for the 2008 Beijing Olympics
- Asked to work on Motorsport range to bring a fresh look, ensuring Puma stay market leaders.
Apr 2002 - Oct 2005 (3 years 6 months)
- Men´s Evolution. Responsible for many new and innovative products in Adidas´s New Concept Category.
- Cross training. Responsible for numerous 350.000 + pair shoes specifically for the US market. In depth knowledge of that market from many Market Travels including Aerobic classes in New York and weight training in an NFL camp!
- 2004 Athens Olympics. Discus, Shot Put and Javelin Shoes. Successfully aligned with lifestyle and Apparel.
- SMU accounts. Designed and presented exclusive designs directly to clients.