Freelance Creative Director, Brand Design, UX/UI Design, Web, Logo and Print Design, Illustrator
Feb 2010 - Present (11 years 8 months)
I'm a Creative Director, UX / UI Designer, Print Designer, and Illustrator. After many successful years working at advertising agencies and interactive firms, I began my creative consultancy in 2010. I collaborate with agencies, development firms, and outsource teams through all steps of the strategy, brand, design, content and development process to produce deliverables that are driven by a strong user experience, solid brand messaging and rich design elements.
• Creative Director/Designer for the travel guide listed as one of TIME magazine’s top 25 blogs and one of the Forbes top 10 lifestyle sites for women.
• Worked as Creative Director for The Hundred Wellness Center in Dubai whose brand won Sports Industry Award’s ‘Best Health and Fitness Facility in the UAE and was ranked number 45 in Dubai’s top 100 small and medium enterprises. As a result of the work, the founder and owner won the Emirates Woman of the Year award and was invited to by the wife of the Vice President to give a special speech when Joe and Dr. Jill Biden visited the UAE in March 2016 to celebrate International Women’s Day.
• Worked with Indianapolis Convention & Visitors Association during the 2011 Superbowl for the design of the mobile app for the street teams to measure visitor satisfaction levels.
• Have designed the user experience for award-winning responsive websites for over 20 different tourism destinations.
• Creative Director for the mayor of the City of Southport, IN to produce the brand strategy, municipal graphic identity program, online campaign video platform and city infrastructure improvement proposal.
Creative Director, UX/UI Designer
Los Angeles, CA
Oct 2010 - Dec 2014 (4 years 2 months)
Director of Creative Services / Interactive Creative Director
Feb 2009 - Feb 2010 (1 year)
• Managed a creative team of Creative Directors, Art Directors, Designers, Content Developers, Information Architects, Freelance Staff and Interns by defining strategy, goals, concept and direction for website development projects and online advertising for a wide variety of clients.
• Involved in all aspects of brand development and project development from initial proposal to post-mortem analysis.
• Formulated strategy in close concert with Digital Strategists, Media Planners and Account Services.
• Responsible for leading the organization to the highest level of innovation and quality work by setting the organizational creative direction and leading individual Creative Services Departments.
• Managed director level staff and multi-disciplinary teams in the production of traditional, web, multimedia, 3D and studio products.
• Provided leadership for the weekly Creative Services meetings in order to foster inter-departmental collaboration, develop the agency’s web development process and improve tools to increase product quality and efficiency.
• Supervised Creative Services team leaders on compensation, performance reviews, career development and continuing education.
• Attended weekly operational meetings with the Production Manager and executive team to discuss overall status of projects, production resources, budgetary needs and profitability goals.
Senior Interactive Art Director
Nov 2004 - Feb 2009 (4 years 3 months)
• Grew the interactive group from two web design employees to a fully-staffed interactive department of Art Directors, Designers, Content Developers, Web Developers, Aplication Developers and Account Managers.
• Developed the agency’s interactive development process in order to help distill complex integrated projects into their essential and optional components.
• Created strategy and methodologies for qualitative competitive analysis, website evaluations, usability testing processes, target audience personas, project estimates, quality control checklists, style guides and information architecture templates.
• Worked to create strategy, concepts, brand development and creative execution for a wide variety of industries and clients.
• Worked with satellite offices in Chicago, Louisville, New York and Jacksonville to create and implement processes and tools to increase interactive product quality.
• Responsible for new business and creative concept presentations.
• Involved in all aspects of project development from initial proposal to post-mortem analysis.
• Worked closely with the media department in the planning and promotion of website launches.
• Planned, designed and managed the Covenant Health System website, a Web Marketing Association award winner for the Healthcare Provider Standard of Excellence.
Senior Art Director and Web Designer
Dec 1998 - Nov 2004 (5 years 11 months)
• Managed a team of Art Directors, Designers and Writers.
• Responsible for strategy, brand development, concept, design, art direction, and execution of integrated campaigns for print, direct mail, broadcast, radio, packaging, web and multimedia.
• Managed and reviewed all creative work from initial proposal to final product.