Jul 2017 - Dec 2020 (3 years 5 months)
As a software engineer, I have been involved with developing, maintaining, integrating, and securing micro-services to build a new generation of software for my division. Prior to building micro-services, I worked with my team to develop, enhance, and build our main product.
These projects have involved experience in:
- Java, JUnit, Spring, Cassandra
- Kubernetes, Docker, Istio
- Concourse, RDEI, AWS
- Whitesource, CheckMarx, Solarlint
Software Quality Assurance
Jul 2016 - Jul 2017 (1 year)
My responsibilities of software quality assurance are geared around monitoring and developing video ingest and transcoding services for media delivery. I ensure that the software processes and workflows are operational and efficient. In doing so I construct and maintain automated testing processes that eliminate rigorous manual testing.
I am experienced in using Java, Python, Java Script, and Unix Shell in creation and maintenance of testing tools. Most development is done through IntelliJ, utilizing Spring and Maven. Many of these developed tests and test suites are set up in Jenkins to allow for an overview of the health of the systems and environments. I am continually troubleshooting new, familiar, and unforeseen issues, which leads into continually innovating new solutions to improve processes and procedures.
Using Agile Methodology in conjunction with Rally, I test, develop, and support our software products in collaboration with a team of engineers.
Team Lead - Biomedical Designer II
Nov 2012 - Jul 2016 (3 years 8 months)
Team Lead – Biomedical Designer II (November 2014 – July 2016)
Being Team Lead of Preparation in VSPO (Virtual Surgical Planning Orthognathics) I was responsible for managing and training my team in designing highly accurate, patient specific, surgery cases. In addition to my role, I was responsible for guaranteeing patient and surgery safety. I communicated with doctors in discussing unforeseen issues that would provide an inaccurate product and result. In doing so, I ensured all of our processes and procedures were in compliance with FDA rules and regulations.
I led my team to work against strict and stressful deadlines, that ranged from 25 upwards to 80 cases per day, during peak season. I coordinated my team to lead them to success and foster a collaborative work environment. To achieve this, I maintained a high level of organization to ensure optimized productivity and accuracy.
Industrial Design Intern
Jun 2012 - Oct 2012 (4 months)
• I contributed to the product development team by creating design storyboards, hand sketching 100+ different fireplace and fire pit concepts, and taking those designs into SolidWorks. In addition, I helped source manufacture quotes and worked on optimizing upcoming products to quality, cost, and manufacturability.
I had a hand in helping to market current products. I used Adobe PhotoShop and Illustrator extensively to create brochures and manipulate product photos to use as advertisements.
Industrial Design Intern
Feb 2012 - May 2012 (3 months)
• I assisted industrial designers and engineers throughout the product development and design phases for commercial light fixtures. I hand sketched 100+ different light fixtures concepts, and used SolidWorks daily to create functional designs.
I participated in quality testing and review sessions, and was involved with DMEDI six sigma meetings. Additionally, I obtained experience in the processes of obtaining UL approval. Ultimately through these sessions, I helped optimize the designs to quality, cost, and manufacturability.
Deli Team Member
Apr 2007 - May 2012 (5 years 1 month)
• I had the responsibilities of handling the operations in the deli. Additionally I managed weekly supply ordering, acted as temporary manager when needed, and interacted with customers to ensure satisfaction.
May 2004 - Jul 2006 (2 years 2 months)
• As an automotive technician, I problem solved, repaired, and performed custom restoration and fabrication on automobiles.