Aug 2014 - Present (6 years 9 months)
• Create lectures and demonstrations to students in Graphic Design Programs.
• Provide one on one guidance and lead weekly critiques.
• Classes taught are Digital Lab, Type/Image Workshop, Book Illustration, BFA Seminar, Summer at Cornish
Freelance Illustrator and Designer
Jan 2006 - Present (15 years 4 months)
Work includes graphic design, stationery, textile design, illustration, production and packaging design
Select clients include: Target Corporation, Google, Frito Lay, Fred Meyer, Seattle Chocolates, Papyrus, JoAnn Fabric, American Greetings, Committee for Children, Colorado Tourism Office, and Capstone Publishing
Apr 2011 - Dec 2012 (1 year 8 months)
• Guide, train and manage up to four in-house designers in creating designs for PurpleTrail brand.
• Design consumer products and marketing collateral for both web and print.
• Research trends, create color palettes, plan product lines, create content for blogs and inspiration boards.
• Act as a mentor to interns from local high school, teaching them basic graphic design and production skills.
Assistant Product Designer and Illustrator
May 2007 - Aug 2009 (2 years 3 months)
• Designed gift packaging and stationary products for Target, Wal-Mart, and American Greetings stores.
• Responsible for concept, presentation and execution of innovative designs that were trend foreword, beat sales
forecasts, lowered the cost of goods; and increase number of SKU’s in retail stores.
• Oversaw production by working with international and domestic vendors.
• Provided art direction, created production files, designed mock-ups and completed specifications for quoting.
• Trend research, produced original art, reworked existing artwork, created repeats, attended trade shows.
Freelance Graphic Designer
May 2005 - May 2007 (2 years)
• Created new internal marketing communications strategy by improving collateral, illustrating new icons and
selecting and selecting new color themes for the updated brand.
• Oversaw printing production and press checks.
• Provided design and illustration for advertisements, brochures, newsletters, invitations, among other collateral.
Product Design Intern
May 2006 - Aug 2006 (3 months)
• Designed domestic textile products for one of the best selling “Back to College” seasons. Responsibilities
included, creating working repeats, color palettes, color correction and color matching for new product.
• Illustrated new icons and designed graphics for Target’s seasonal theme; these icons were used in essential
designs across multiple “Back to College” hard goods and textile products.
• Prepared well-received trend and competitive research selected for use in buyer and employee presentations.