Apr 2014 - Present (7 years 3 months)
I craft engaging, creative copy for local and national merchants. It’s a position that requires versatility, considering that I’ll jump from writing two-page spread editorials and advertorials to eye-catching headlines, blurbs, and copy that interweaves both business bios and discount deals. Any given day includes creating copy from scratch, endless editing, problem-solving in complex workflows and constant communication with account services coordinators and graphic artists as well as brainstorming with copywriting team members.
Feb 2017 - Sep 2017 (7 months)
I assisted in production of content for a local independent arts and community website, copyediting, proofreading and writing feature articles.
Account Services Coordinator
Dec 2010 - Apr 2014 (3 years 4 months)
Reporting to a Regional Team Manager, I was responsible for ad trafficking and layouts of assigned books; also accountable for meeting scheduling requirements, client expectations, coordination with sales reps, business analysts, clients, graphic artists, proofreaders, image librarians and art directors throughout the creative process.
Writer, Copy Editor & Proofreader
May 2013 - Jan 2014 (8 months)
Assisted in production of content for a local arts and community website, volunteering my services in writing, copyediting and proofreading articles.
Jul 2009 - May 2010 (10 months)
Reported to the Director of Customer Service and managed a total of 44 accounts including full composition and pre-press workflows. Accountable for meeting scheduling requirements, print quality expectations, coordination with Sales Directors and Estimators for quotes, and customer satisfaction for services provided by team members. Worked closely with supervisors and management to ensure company policy was upheld at all times concerning customer service issues. Managed customer accounts from manuscript to print, coordinating with editors, designers, offshore and in-house personnel to ensure a quality print product.
- Improved profit capturing by careful analysis of billing reports and time applied by associates to each job, correcting any errors found and providing necessary feedback to associates whenever possible.
- Proactively digitized all forms and billing to cut down on paper usage and improve efficiency of workflow processes.
- Encouraged teamwork with fellow account managers by sharing ways to work more efficiently and providing assistance with workload when needed.
- Exceeded customer expectations by catching customer errors, utilizing personal judgment and proactive time management allowing us to beat schedule expectations.
- Never hesitant to provide friendly and personable guidance by phone and/or e-mail to less technologically savvy customers when using company web-based software.
- Took initiative to jump into a production role when necessary to keep an issue moving-sizing art, entering ad files into database, processing ad layouts, proofreading, editing.
- Recognized frequently by thankful customers for going above and beyond to meet their needs.
Pre-Press Account Manager/Ad & Graphics Proofreader/Copy Editor/Assistant Ad Coordinator
Jun 2006 - Jul 2009 (3 years 1 month)
Reported to the Digital Services Team Leader. Managed 13 titles, coordinating with editors, designers, offshore and in-house personnel (composition and pre-press workflows), and copyedited manuscripts prior to typesetting. Also responsible for quality-checking all advertising for technical problems related to graphic design, requiring coordination with Digital Services personnel, designers, and print site personnel to correct design errors and ensure that ads met specs for print. Accountable for any ad printing errors as one of the last quality checks before press in an extremely high-volume workflow (40,000+ ads per year). Assisted and filled in for Ad Coordinator in assembly of advertising layout for journals and magazines, coordinated with Composition Account Managers, Journal Managers, ad team, and desktop publishing personnel in that function. Assisted in daily ongoing prioritization of work with Ad Coordinator.
- Recognized by Digital Services Team Leader for exemplary accuracy and going above and beyond the required duties of the job to satisfy the customers' needs, including working any hours necessary to meet deadlines.
- Participated in team strategy/brainstorming sessions focused on streamlining workflows for utmost efficiency.
Composition Team Proofreader
Aug 2004 - Jun 2006 (1 year 10 months)
Reported to the Composition Team Leader and was responsible for proofreading and coordination of corrections and revisions to articles for trade journals while working within constantly changing deadlines and/or priorities. Worked with Composition Account Managers to resolve article-based customer issues and production questions related to style and supporting data.
- Became key team member, depended upon to maximize daily quota of articles processed to meet customer expectations.
- Selected as primary proofreader for the Elsevier medical journals Neuroscience and the Journal of Urology; also responsible for function demonstrations for visiting customers for these titles.