Nov 2020 - Present (8 months)
Oct 2019 - Present (1 year 9 months)
• Responsible for creating various instructional layouts for slot machines.
• Aid multiple design studios with various graphic design, animation, and game assets.
• Pitch original slot machine concept ideas.
Vernon Hills, IL
Nov 2016 - Nov 2018 (2 years)
Primary responsibilities involved creating art assets and mechanics for slot machine games.
• Designed primary logos for slot machine games.
• Created slot machine icons in cartoony and realistic styles.
• Designed and modeled 3D icons and various game elements.
• Concepted initial proposal illustrations for games based on popular thematic trends.
• Reported directly to Senior Software Engineer / Project Manager.
Art Director / Design Manager
Jan 2013 - Nov 2016 (3 years 10 months)
Responsibilities included concept sketching, digital rendering, and final presentation design for a variety of toy and premium items. Major clients include Burger King, Hasbro, Mattel, Disney, Kellogg’s, Corona, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Cointreau, Mike's Hard Lemonade, and Remy Martin.
• Designed presentations layouts for Burger King concept pitches.
• Designed websites for Burger King franchises to purchase Kid's Meal Toys.
• Designed infographics for Surge Innovations website, illustrating work flow processes.
• Rendered images of high-end consumer promotional products and packaging.
• Created printer-ready vector art for a wide array of promotional products.
• Recruited, managed, and supervised freelance designers.
• Recruited, trained, and mentored Creative Department interns.
• Reported directly to Senior Creative Director.
Oct 2009 - Jan 2013 (3 years 3 months)
Responsibilities included generating orthographic views, deco plans, and functional drawings that translate concept art into functional, aesthetic, and safe toys for international distribution.
• Created orthographic drawings of Burger King Kid's Meal toys.
• Created PMS color specification drawings using vector art and freeform models.
• Generated instructional illustrations to aid in production processes for Hong Kong manufacturers.
• Reported directly to Director of Industrial Design.
Oct 2005 - Oct 2009 (4 years)
Educational Insights - Gardena, CA
• Lead character artist for best-selling educational toy series "The Talking, Teaching Pen". Characters designed included Ace the Dog, Kat the Cat, Ollie the Owl, and Pete the Cat.
Pbd Associates - Chicago, IL
• Concepted cartoon bear characters to assist in promoting a new kid's brand of Bear Creek Pasta.
• Worked directly with Art Director under tight deadline to execute a fun, appealing character which enhanced the brand.
• Final packaging delivered nationwide throughout grocery stores.
Planet Fassa - Naperville, IL
• Lead concept artist for children’s interactive website.
• Designed numerous original animal illustrations via traditional and digital mediums.
• Designed original brand logo.
United Pet Group - Blacksburg, VA
• Concepted a series of original plush dog toys.
• Created vector cartoon dog characters for various promotional media.
Creata Promotions - Sydney, Australia
• Assisted Creative Team with brainstorming, concept sketching, final line art, and digital rendering on a variety of licensed premiums. Major clients included McDonald’s and General Mills.
Radar Studios - Chicago, IL
• Created original character concept for a McDonald's Groundhog’s Day promotional commercial.
Toy and Packaging Designer
Jun 2003 - Oct 2005 (2 years 4 months)
Created and designed confectionery premiums and products. Digital and traditional mediums implemented on confectionery product and packaging concepts. Major clients included Hershey, Nestle, and Dairy Queen.
• Visualized and rendered fun, practical bathroom accessories for Disney's The Incredibles.
• Concepted original plush Easter Bunny characters for in-pack Nestle promotional items.
• Designed various “Screw Ups” taffy dispenser concepts and illustrations for label and packaging.
Creative Dept. Intern
The Marketing Store
Jun 1998 - Aug 2002 (4 years 2 months)
• Visualized designs for clients such as McDonald's, Disney, General Mills, and Hasbro.
• Worked from concept to final product renderings using both traditional and digital media.