Staff Product Designer
Los Angeles, CA
Sep 2014 - Present (6 years 7 months)
Lead Toy Designer for Nick Jr.'s "Abby Hatcher." Designing plastic toys and plush on the Girls' Design team for brands like Chubby Puppies, Popples, and blue-sky brands and pitches.. Versed at Brainstorming, Visual Research, Industrial Design, Prototyping (3D models and plush/soft goods), Art Direction, Presentations, and Graphic Design. Collaborating with Entertainment Development, including Character Design and Concept Art.
Designer & Illustrator
Los Angeles, CA
Nov 2009 - Aug 2014 (4 years 9 months)
Providing Visual Communication services including Illustration, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Character Design, Logo Design, and Interactive Design, primarily for products and services that engage in social media and play. Clients include Hasbro, Fisher Price, JAKKS-Pacific, Comcast, SocialVibe, and OkCupid Labs. Recent projects include Disney Fairies and the new Furby.
Spin Master Ltd.
Jun 2008 - Aug 2008 (2 months)
• Collaborated on styling and design for Girl Crush and Pixos toys.
• Brainstormed ideas for Kid Kleen and new brands involving girls’ play, technology, and drawing.
• Conceived and rendered line extensions for Pixos and a new creative-play product.
• Prototyped hand-constructed end-result samples of creative-play product for new Fall 2010 concepts.
• Researched and developed graphic styles of doll eyes and tattoos for new toys.
• Sketched and computer-rendered concept drawings for Pixos.
• Researched DIY and tween girl trends and competition to inspire and guide new style directions.
Sep 1999 - Jun 2007 (7 years 9 months)
• Created UI specs and test prototypes for web sites and desktop applications.
• Collaborated with UI Designers to develop visual treatments of new features.
• Designed and coded daily promotional modules on the world's most visited internet portal.
• Developed a standards and best practices guide for promotional modules.
• Designed visual facelifts for top-revenue properties including Yahoo! Personals and Yahoo! Mail.
• Designed and prototyped blue-sky concepts.
• Designed themed skins for desktop applications and My Yahoo!
• Illustrated original art for emoticons and holiday themes.
• Coordinated with Product Managers, Editorial, PR, Marketing, Engineering, and other teams.
• Mentored and trained new staff, including visual designers and web developers.
• Guided content and design of micro-sites for seasonal events.
• Coordinated various team-building events.
Founder, Designer, Co-Editor
Feb 1999 - Sep 1999 (7 months)
Designed, created, and produced all graphics, layout, and user interface.
Planned site architecture, interface, and content in weekly meetings.
Edited and compiled original articles from writers for 9 content category sections.
Hand-coded all HTML.
The Daily Bruin
Sep 1995 - Dec 1996 (1 year 3 months)
Worked as a graphic artist, was promoted to Art Director (Spring 1996).
Collaborated with editors to conceptualize newspaper and online graphics.
Trained, coached, scheduled, and supervised a staff of 12 artists.
Created editorial illustrations and informational graphics.
Presented graphics department issues at daily editorial meetings.
Expanded departmental use of software and mixed media.