Focus Products Group International, LLC
Jun 2013 - Present (7 years 11 months)
• New Product Development lead driving strategy on Stage 0 & 1 and 3 Year Innovation Pipeline
• Managing advanced product platform development strategy and research- Market, Consumer & Competitive analysis
• Manage external design firms in the design and development of new products
• Work closely with marketing, engineering, sales and sourcing to deliver best in class products
• Implemented and manage SurveMonkey Audience consumer research programs companywide.
• Emphasize testing, iteration, and market research to develop affordable, innovative products in under tight timelines.
Focus Products Group International, LLC
Jun 2011 - Jun 2013 (2 years)
• Design & develop innovative housewares products for West Bend, Amco, Chicago Metallic, and Swing-A-Way.
• Researched and managed the procurement of a new state of the art 3D printer for the company.
• Develop exclusive products for retail stores like Target, Walmart, Crate & Barrel, Williams Sonoma, and Sur la Table.
• Utilize Solidworks, CS4, hand sketching, and rapid prototyping to quickly take ideas from concept to reality.
Jun 2007 - Mar 2011 (3 years 9 months)
• Conceptualized and designed school supplies ranging from rulers and sharpeners to locker vanities and binders.
• Emphasize consumer research through surveys, Amazon product testing, and YouTube product reviews.
• Study childhood ergonomics and human factors to improve usability and reduce strain.
• Featured in “Top Ten Back to School Products” in Women’s Day- August 2009
• Reduced manufacturing costs by creating lean designs using low cost materials and processes.
• Consolidated generic brands to improve overall market awareness of Lockermate brand.
• Improved packaging, consumer research, and branding resulting in increased sell-thrus.
Houston Harvest, Inc
Dec 2005 - Mar 2007 (1 year 3 months)
• Sketched and created drawings for houseware and novelty toy products.
• Worked closely with product management, product designers, and graphic design to launch products on time.
• Teamed up with product designer of Hx2 to create several successful Target exclusive seasonal housewares products.
• Winner of 2006 Disney Innovator of the Year- Houston Harvest
• Lead product design & development for Scooby Doo for 3-holiday seasons- Concept through Manufacturing.
• Innovated Easter basket packaging to hold a sports ball, which reduced assembly time and tape needed by 40%.
• Designed Disney Princess Tutu that could fit girls size 3-7 and cost 30% less to manufacture- Still in production
• Responsible for designing complex die-lines using Adobe Illustrator
• Designed products for +20 licenses including Budweiser, Build-a-Bear, and Disney.
• Lead team to redesign front office that was approved by the head of Houston Harvest and well received by employees.
- Focused redesign on improving desk ergonomics, using color theory to improve mood, and improve air flow/quality.
Product Development Associate
The Bradford Exchange
Jun 2004 - Dec 2005 (1 year 6 months)
• Provided creative direction and leadership to freelance designers to develop new products for the collectibles industry
• Managed +10 people to design and develop model trains and miniature villages
• Managed multiple Asian vendors negotiating costs and providing art direction for sculpting and painting.
• Successfully launched +20 original products that are still on sale to this day.
• Maintained a project load of 90-150 products at a time from concept through production
• Presented original concepts supported by research and statistics to the directors at biweekly meetings.
• Trained 4 associates to maintain the FileMaker project status database.
• Provided creative direction for direct marketing ads placed in newspapers, magazines and mail.
• Negotiated deals with licensors and worked one on one to gain approvals.
• Designed products for +25 licenses including Thomas Kinkade, NFL, and Johnny Cash.