Jan 2012 - Present (9 years 9 months)
I serve as the Associate Director of the AIA as part of my role as chair of the Emerging Professionals committee. Our purpose to is promote and support young professionals who have been in the profession less than 10 years. This includes organizing seminars, civic work days, and searching out opportunities for emerging professionals to make a difference in their communities.
Marketing and Public Relations Chair
Jul 2011 - Present (10 years 3 months)
- Founding Board Member of non-profit design and public outreach center
- Led Design/Build team in renovating the studio space on South Main Street
- Responible for finding, creating, and/or securing a monthly exhibit focused on design in the region
- Responsible for solicting physical and in-kind donations from local vendor and construction industry to support events and improvements to the space
- Responsible for crafting member and donor platforms for fund-raising
- Part of leadership for our PopUp Main Street events, which are annual full-scale street design interventions
- Part of leadership for the Envision Little Rock design competition, that is being held to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of John Nolen's Masterplan for Little Rock.
Witsell, Evans, and Rasco Architects
May 2007 - Present (14 years 5 months)
Primary designer of the following completed projects:
The Trojan Grill | UALR | 4,000sf | 2mil
Center for Integrated Nanotechnology Sciences | UALR | 50,000 sf | 15mil
Pine Forest Elementary School Addition |Pulaski County Special School District|35,000 sf|7mil
Primary designer for the following unbuilt + current projects:
Fine Arts Facility | UALR | 100,000 sf | 25-30mil
Fine Arts Center | UAFS | 60,000 sf | 15mil
The Coleman Creek Amphitheater | UALR | 1000 seats | 3-5mil
Southeast Arkansas Community Center | UAM | 120,000 sf | 35mil
Made significant contributions to many other WER projects, including:
Metal Recycling Corporation, The Poultry Federation, Local Lime, Big Orange Midtowne,
UCA Masterplan, SAU Activity Center, e-Stem Charter School, Episcopal Collegiate School, Pulaski Academy, Robinson Middle School, UCA Honors College.
University of Arkansas Community Design Center
May 2005 - Jan 2007 (1 year 8 months)
Visioning Rail Transit in NWA | 8 state + national + international design awards
Responsible for creating scenario based masterplan for proposed transit system in Northwest Arkansas. Led scenario planning workshop for Washington University (St. Louis) graduate students.
Monticello: Place-making Plans and Codes | 3 state + national design awards
Responsible for developing form-based code and street typology plan for the city of Monticello.
Habitat Trails | 11 state + national + international design awards
Team member for a low impact neighborhood design for Habitat for Humanity in Northwest Arkansas. Also responsible for making student designs constructable.
Campus Hydroscapes | 3 national design awards
Team member for park masterplan project on University of Arkansas campus. Additionally was lead designer for the renovation of the Carlson Terrace apartments.
Finding the Social in Big Box Urbanism| 2 national design awards
Part of student studio that addressed how big box stores respond to the built environment.
May 2004 - Aug 2004 (3 months)
Helped develop new prototypes for bank branch design.
Worked on masterplan for a new downtown campus for Lions World Services for the Blind.
Worked on preliminary planning and proposals for downtown Little Rock condo building.