Instructional Designer/Manager L&D
May 2017 - Present (6 years)
• Project Manager and Instructional Designer for the North America Training Department for sun and optical brands including: LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, Target, Ray-Ban, Sunglass Hut, and Oakley.
• Develop engaging training materials and e-learning courses for retail associates (via Articulate Rise) with a focus on product knowledge, compliance, insurance, operations, selling models, and customer journey.
• Team player who collaborates well with subject matter experts, both locally and globally, to identify training needs and determine the best learning solutions for each project.
• Expertise in graphic design, photo editing, video editing, creative writing and proofreading allows me to incorporate a robust, multimedia approach to enhance the learning experience.
Senior Graphic Designer
Jun 2011 - May 2017 (5 years 11 months)
• Specialized in brand-right designs, flyers, graphic elements, editorial copy writing and editing, product catalog layouts, communications and app design.
• Design and management of the MarCom award winning KNOW IT Product Guide: a monthly publication for store associates that detailed the product assortment, special collections, and brand highlights.
• Developed an innovative Adobe DPS Product Knowledge App for Sunglass Hut stores to replace the printed catalog, which involved working closely with an external agency, the product team, and global Luxottica partners to ensure accuracy, while designing compelling interactive layouts, resulting in increased conversion for our stores.
Freelance Product Designer/Illustrator
Mar 2009 - Nov 2014 (5 years 8 months)
• Provided innovative design solutions for a manufacturer of high-quality cake decorations, including cake decorating kits, toppers, licensed products, edibles, photo imaging systems, and candles.
• Collaborated with product managers to create unique, on-trend confectionery decor items for both seasonal and everyday core lines, as well as national accounts (Sam’s Club, Walmart, Costco) and licensed product (Hello Kitty, Glee, Moxi Girls, etc).
• Submitted innovative product concepts and accurate product spec sheets for vendors.
• Completed catalog of over 300 illustrated images for their confection imaging system, which has played an integral role in significantly increasing sales and setting them apart from the competition.
Jun 2010 - Apr 2011 (10 months)
• Generated quality packaging solutions and marketing materials for Nintendo Wii & DS, Xbox and Playstation games.
• This included eye-catching cover art illustrations as well as interior sleeves, disk labels and instruction manual layouts.
• Understanding the strict guidelines and templates for Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft was key, as well as coordinating with our printers to make sure production files were accurate, resulting in prompt proof approvals.
• I also contributed to the digital assets required to market our games on PSN and XBOX Live, which became an important role in the industry's lean towards digital distribution.
• Headed the brand development and package design for Wii game peripherals, DS cases, and bundle boxes for innovative interactive entertainment software.
Senior Product Designer
New Creative Enterprises
Mar 2004 - Dec 2008 (4 years 9 months)
• Hardline development of outdoor living products, decorative garden decor, as well as seasonal and everyday flag design.
• Trend knowledge and creative interpretation to meet client’s needs.
• Manage multiple simultaneous projects, successfully meeting all timelines.
• Implement projects from initial conceptual design through final design development, final product inspection, and client approval.
• Prepared presentation materials, package design, and point of purchase.
• Vast knowledge of product materials, including resin, metal, glass and wood.
• Clients included: Michael's, Home Interiors, Gardener’s Supply, Smith & Hawken, Blain’s, Family Christian, Kirklands, Meijer, Universal, CWC, Costco and many more.