Creative Communications Consultant
On The Wing NH
Sep 2016 - Present (5 years)
• Brand development
• Graphic designer
• Web site developer
• Photographer/digital media editor
• Social media strategy & marketing
• Blog creation
• Facilitate client-company communication
• Communicate with client community via social media to create a strong network
Senior Graphic Designer
May 2016 - Present (5 years 7 months)
• Create intuitive visual design solutions across all internal brand campaigns including posters, banners, html emails, illustrations/graphics and logos
• Excel in translating business information/data/analytics into effective visuals (e.g. charts, graphs, presentations)
• Produce full-color brochures and flyers using Adobe InDesign.
• Product photo shoots and photo editing in Adobe Photoshop.
• Produce collateral such as posters, banners, presentations and other trade show/event support materials.
• Multi-task with various internal and external departments to meet their needs.
Communications Manager, Graphic Designer
JENTEK Sensors Inc.
Dec 1999 - Apr 2016 (16 years 4 months)
Illustrator, Tradeshow Specialist * Promoted from within company from Graphic Designer to Communications Manager. * Designed JENTEK's original corporate identity and implemented successful product brand (MWM) across two major industries - aerospace and petrochemical. Designed and produced all corporate marketing materials. * Spearheaded, championed and implemented company website, teaming with management and web programmer. * Secured company executives high-profile appearances at tradeshows/speaking events, including a very successful keynote presentation. * Conceptualized, designed and produced tradeshow booth displays for new product launches raised awareness of company profile at each event with innovative ideas. * Forecasted industry events, recommended ideal strategic venues for maximum impact * Launched and monitored email marketing campaign for tradeshows. * Chaired monthly marketing brochure meetings to brainstorm with engineers. * Reviewed, edited, proofed, and evaluated numerous government and customer proposals, RFQs, and white papers resulting in successful financial awards of over $1,000,000. * Supervised and cultivated new front office staff (2-3 employees), maintaining a productive climate to mobilize and coach employees to meet high performance standards. * Created technical illustrations for instruction manuals, training manuals, proposals, patents, scientific publications, white papers, doctoral theses. * Loyal and dedicated manager with an excellent dependable work record always eager to meet challenges and quickly assimilate new concepts. * Educated on Customs Compliance for international tradeshows & demonstrations.
Visual Production Specialist/Graphic Designer
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
Jan 1990 - Dec 1999 (9 years 11 months)
* Successfully built interdepartmental relationships translating complicated information from scientists to artists, and ultimately to project sponsors with visual expertise. * Promoted from Technical Illustrator to Visual Production Specialist. * Commended for reliable work ethic, strict attention to detail, ability to multitask with ease. * Designed brochures, flyers, PowerPoint presentations for yearly conferences as needed. * Coordinated technical artists and designers for project work under tight deadlines. * Managed numerous visual design parallel projects in a team environment, with scientists, engineers, editors, fellow graphic artists and photographers. * Excelled at building trusting relationships with internal customers and colleagues. * Created technical posters for yearly conferences and seminars. * Technical illustrator, MIT Lincoln Laboratory Journal.