Product Advisory Services
New York, NY
Oct 2015 - Present (6 years 1 month)
Leveraging my diverse background I advise on projects with a wide range of clientele including:
- Footwear line planning and design,
- Engineering high-end branded customized office furniture into a 120 year old US manufacturing plant.
- Studying direct consumer engagement technology that integrates with localized manufacturing and software systems to tie it all together with a goal to deliver mass customized products in a first to market concept.
Newport Beach, CA
Jul 2012 - Aug 2015 (3 years 1 month)
Executive Project Management for branded technical and sustainable material company.
• Research and developed compounds and componentry from sustainable polymer based materials for footwear and consumer products
• Developed relationships with product sales and marketing teams at branded multinationals such as Vans, Roxy/Quicksilver, Saucony, DJO International, Life Factory.
Newport Beach, CA
Jul 2012 - Dec 2013 (1 year 5 months)
Product Manager for new to market outdoor footwear line
• Design and Developed open toe line
• Integrated sustainable materials and factory base for complex 20,000 pair per month manufacturing process
• Developed strategic sales tools through sales channel and market research
Apr 2011 - Jun 2012 (1 year 2 months)
• Merchandising, design and manufacturing management of 65 snow, bike and glove styles
• Managed factory relationships, quality control, product planning and production on a 15,000 pair per month Indonesian factory assembly line.
Contract Industrial Designer
Sep 2008 - Dec 2010 (2 years 3 months)
• Ripcurl - Assigned to access Indonesian factory base and transition design/development capabilities from US to Australian headquarters. Advised design staff in footwear design and construction best practices.
• Designed several products for action sports brands including Burton Snowboards, POW gloves, Ripcurl, I Path.
Jun 2004 - Aug 2008 (4 years 2 months)
Footwear Designer – 2006 – 2008
Associate Footwear Designer – 2004 -2006
• Designed open and close toe footwear lines in cross-disciplinary product teams.
• Managed design related issues with sales teams and distributors focusing on Asian and Australian markets.
• Multiple factory development trips and trend market trips within the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Mount Hood, OR
May 2001 - Apr 2004 (2 years 11 months)
Snow Bum / Graphic Designer
• Enjoyed several winter seasons on snow. Funded the lifestyle with summers at Mount Hood operating a photography business through Windell’s Action Sports Camp.