Guidehouse (formerly PwC)
Oct 2018 - Present (2 years 7 months)
Build and establish global creative practice to include high performing teams in Product Design, UX Design, Service Design, UI Design, and Front-End Development. Increase speed to market by streamlining approach to design, development, and Quality Assurance (QA), by implementing use of design systems and UI kits, for clients in private and public sectors. Visualize complex data into user-centered, and component-driven web and mobile applications while working with Advanced Data and Analytics, Cybersecurity, Open Source Solutions teams.
Design Director, Owner
Dec 1998 - Present (22 years 5 months)
Direct company operations, leading marketing initiatives and client engagement. Develop Product, UX, UI Design, and Front-End Development, leading design and development of custom apps, websites and digital solutions.
• Led research and discovery for developing personas, co-creating with key leadership and informing UX/UI decisions for Legendary Pictures’ web-responsive website.
• Designed UX, UI, and prototype, tested by DIRECTV channel guide users.
• Created multi-year websites and social media campaigns, for Grammy Award winning recording artist, Stone Temple Pilots.
• Increased site traffic by 186% for Dishwalla, by generating UX, design, usability testing, and information architecture, for 2nd-4th generation websites.
Jan 2010 - Jun 2018 (8 years 5 months)
Created and standardized agency-wide approach to leveraging design systems for developing digital products and services. Established tools, processes and collaboration methods used for distributed design and development teams. Implemented best practices for inclusive design, web accessibility and testing.
• Led multi-disciplinary product teams through the user research, design, testing and deployment of custom web/mobile applications and responsive websites, serving clients such as Volkswagen, Hilton, Marriott, Pfizer, FDA, National Cancer Institute, National Science Foundation, CES, Disney, Strayer University, and Washington Redskins.
• Increased healthcare access for millions of Americans, helping lead user research, UX, and UI design efforts, for HealthCare.gov 2.0.
• Led cross-discipline teams through research and discovery, performed stakeholder and property manager interviews, built personas from data and analytics insights, established customer journeys, designed wireframes that were tested and validated with end users, and designed large responsive websites for leading commercial real estate clients.
• Directed the User Experience, User Interface Design and Front-End Development of organization-wide Intranets for thousands of employees at the National Science Foundation and National Cancer Institute.