Roger Ball has been crafting iconic sports products since 1983 for such clients as Burton Snowboards, Bauer, Fisher Price, Cooper Canada, Itech Sports, Brine Lacrosse, Bell Helmets and Nike. During his 20-year teaching career, he has led studio design classes in Europe, North America and Asia. He recieved his PhD from TUDelft in the Netherlands in 2011. Dr.Ball lives in Hong Kong where he researchs,writes and consults with companies from around the globe. His new book "DesignDirect - how to start your own micro brand" explores the opportunities for designers to create their own personal brands.
• 2012 World Design Impact Award Finalist
• 2009 Index Award Finalist
• 2008 DFA (Design for Asia Awards) Grand Prize
• 2008 IDEA /BusinessWeek Best in Show
• 2008 IDEA /BusinessWeek Gold Medal Research Category
• 1998 IDEA /BusinessWeek Silver Medal – Leisure/Sports