Footwear Design Performance Football
Aug 2014 - Present (6 years 9 months)
Footwear designer for Adidas football.
Footwear Designer Mens Originals
Apr 2011 - Jul 2014 (3 years 3 months)
Mid level footwear designer working on cross category lifestyle product specializing in basketball, court and running.
• Advanced material and construction work (HF welding, HM welding and aqua tech printing)
• Seasonal Creative Direction input
• Assisting in seasonal material stories and selection
• Development of full EVA toolings
• Creation and development of advanced concepts
• Cross category collaborations
• Seasonal development travel (Vietnam)
Junior Footwear Designer
Le Coq Sportif
Jun 2009 - Aug 2010 (1 year 2 months)
Designing lifestyle and performance footwear for Le Coq Sportif International in Paris. Working on briefed and non briefed projects from research phase to production.
• Market and trend research
• Ideation and sketch development
• Material and Colour direction
• Prototype development (Internally, Asia and Europe)
• Final production specification
Freelance Sneaker Trend Contributor
Jan 2009 - Jun 2009 (5 months)
Compiled a bi-monthly report for the sneaker market, highlighting key trends in the sport and lifestyle sneakers market.
• Attending launches
• Realising new trends
• Colour and Material vision
• Editorial skills
Footwear Design and Development
Jan 2008 - Jun 2009 (1 year 5 months)
Product development and design for the Black Station footwear division responsible for the delivery of high end Puma footwear including Rudolf Dassler Schuhfabrik, Mihara Yasuhiro for Puma, The Black Label and Alexander McQueen for Puma.
• Market and trend research for the senior design team
• Assisting in the design of inline product
• Material and Colour direction assistance
• Advanced development
• Special projects and special make up assignments
Footwear Product Development Intern
Aug 2007 - Jan 2008 (5 months)
TVR Sports Cars
Aug 2005 - Sep 2006 (1 year 1 month)
Junior interior car designer for Blackpool based TVR sports cars. I was responsible for the design and development of the New Tuscan GT sports car interior prototype to be shown at the 2006 British International Motor Show.
• Ideation Development
• Concept Proposals
• Scale Model Creation
• Scale 1:1 Concept Creation
• Departmental Presentations
• Client and Manufacturer Meetings