Senior Visual Designer
Suitland-Silver Hill, MD
Dec 2018 - Present (3 years 5 months)
Managed and enforced the integrity of the Andrews Federal visual brand as the lead designer on the Marketing team. Responsible for the production and completion of creative for several advertising channels including print, digital, and in-branch. Assisted with social media channel scheduling and content. Produced motion graphic ads for in branch advertisements, and social media. Created animated graphics and banners for email marketing.
• Redesigned and refreshed 11 stationery and signage assets, and 8 digital channels during the rebranding process, single-handedly
• Created eye catching mobile app banner ads that generated 2.5 million member engagements and a 30% click-through rate in 3 months
• Coordinated with other departments during 7 software implementation projects
• Maintained and organized the digital asset library of over 2,000 photos
May 2014 - Nov 2018 (4 years 6 months)
Served as the sole designer for the entire 32,000 member credit union, producing a plethora of print and digital creative from conception to completion. Maintained all content and homepage graphics for website and employee intranet. Assisted with logistics and planning of community events.
• Produced balance transfer digital and print creative that helped generate over $4 million in credit card revenue within 3 months
• Implemented a new print vendor and saved the Marketing department $1,000 per month
• Saved over $7,000 in print production costs by producing direct mail in house
• Earned Employee Excellence Award for creative direction during website redesign
Freelance Graphic Designer
Mar 2011 - May 2014 (3 years 2 months)
Designed flyers, business cards, greeting cards, logos, brochures, vector illustrations, and web graphics for a variety of clients and non profit organizations. Performed basic to complex photo editing and retouching.
• Created vector illustration for AOL.com that generated $37,000 in sales
May 2012 - Apr 2014 (1 year 11 months)
Conceptualized and completed all print and web creative assets for basketball games, annual galas, summer camps, poetry festivals, and open mic events. Updated existing designs as needed.
• Promoted from volunteer to paid designer within 1 year through dedicated work ethic
Video Production Assistant
Sep 2012 - Oct 2013 (1 year 1 month)
Submitted video production orders, voice over script revisions, and other administrative tasks for apartment videos on ForRent.com and sister sites. Assisted Corporate Video Editor with basic edits to audio and footage.
• Served as main point of contact for over 40 ForRent.com field offices and account executives.
Digital Imaging Specialist
Jun 2007 - Sep 2012 (5 years 3 months)
Edited, retouched, and uploaded virtual tours and photos of apartment communities to ForRent.com and sister websites. Worked with vendors to schedule and track photo shoots.
• Designed and conducted training PowerPoint presentations for new photographers