Lead Graphic & Technical Designer
Aug 2011 - Present (9 years 9 months)
- Manage creative for all web and print campaigns for both the Marketing and Retail departments.
- Work with a wide range of media including, marketing collateral for print and web, multi page layout, packaging design, content for social media, content and deployment of email blasts, hardware specs to be sent to our manufacturer, illustration, style guides and file preparation for print and web production.
- Execute creative tasks from start to finish.
- Clearly communicate design concepts during our weekly Marketing Dream Team meetings.
- Operate within the Elaine Turner workflow and brand aesthetic.
- Participate in and contribute to photo shoots for seasonal collections.
- Proofread to produce accurate and high quality work.
- Work within a collaborative team of designers, photographers, stylists, web managers, project managers, printers, copywriters and marketing specialists.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Industrial Design, Minor in Architecture
- Expert working knowledge with Adobe Creative Cloud: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Lightroom.
- Knowledge of the marketing, branding advertising and production arena; Online development (Volusion Web Platform, Social Media, Adroll Retargeting, Google Analytics, Google AdWords)
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, visually, openly, honestly and with integrity.
Jun 2011 - Aug 2011 (2 months)
- Assist the Design Department with illustrations, vector swatches and organization.
- Created and deployed a new process for displaying future designs using vector illustrations with input swatches instead of hand-drawn sketches pinned up next to actual material swatches.
- Attend design meetings and style outs for upcoming seasons.
- Attend and assist at the Fall 2011 photoshoot.
- QC returns and damages at our Houston warehouse location.
Jan 2011 - Jun 2011 (5 months)
- Understand and identify fabric types, fabric drape, trends, cuts, patterns, measurements and product placement within the store.
- Color coordinate fabrics based on fabric type.
- Understand and identify the products used for specific applications and clearly communicate their use to the customer.
- Assist customers on project plans to ensure they purchase everything needed for their project.
Sep 2010 - Jun 2011 (9 months)
- Selling and customer service.
- Monitor patrons to assist the store in loss prevention.
- Maintain the appearance of the store, restock the shelves, clean, sweep, dust and vacuum as needed.
Dec 2007 - Mar 2008 (3 months)
- Worked as a team to design and build five identical trophies to the original design selected.
- Met and consulted with members of Midway Companies for material choice, size and name placement.
- Managed cost of materials and time.
Mar 2005 - Mar 2006 (1 year)
- Illustration design inspired by written material.
- The concepts selected were refined and developed through Adobe Photoshop.
- Book was later published and distributed via the web.