LEAD INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
Jul 2014 - Present (7 years 3 months)
- Assist in directing every aspect of product development including research, ideation, prototyping, user testing, marketing, and manufacturing.
- Work closely with executives and experts within the ergonomic community to gather crucial user feedback and craft product focused on quality, comfort, and usability.
- Direct engineering and manufacturing teams in China regarding new technologies, process improvements, and design alterations.
- Conduct regular internal discussions with our offices in Scandinavia and the United Kingdom to maintain brand standards and the needs of international markets.
- Improved in-house prototyping infrastructure through the purchase of a commercial use 3D Printer. Continue to oversee all related services including print management, part cleaning, printer maintenance, and proper material disposal.
- Successfully facilitated the launch of all ergonomic products since 2014.
- Oversaw organization of Mechanical and Design Patents from 2017 - Present, including claims reviews, creating figure drawings, and patent filing.
- Assisted founder in the conceptual creation of new start-up companies in the fields of gaming mice and apps.
JUNIOR INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER
Sep 2012 - Jun 2014 (1 year 9 months)
- Developed concepts of mobile device accessories including phone cases, tablet cases, rechargeable battery packs, and wireless docking stations for marketing proposals.
- Collaborates with companies Kate Spade, Juicy Couture, Lucky Brand, Tumi, Duracell, and Google to design custom branded OEM Products.
- Applied skills in 3D Modeling and Graphic Design to create photo-realistic product renderings for top level marketing presentations.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INTERN
Sep 2011 - Jan 2012 (4 months)
- Worked alongside Senior Design Staff in the development of assistive technologies associated with Perkins School for the Blind.
- Led multiple interactive testing sessions with blind and low-vision students for the Perkins Smart Brailler. Data collected from observing students and teachers was instrumental in creating an interactive product that has helped expand braille literacy.
- Designed marketing images and logos for the Perkins Smart Brailler.
PACKAGING DESIGN INTERN
Jan 2011 - May 2011 (4 months)
- Aided development of new packaging systems and technologies for consumer goods in the cleaning and food industries.
- Conducted numerous tests on prototypes and final product in order to provide accurate quality assurance and performance data.
- Focused on experimental dispensing technologies applied to products like detergents, diabetes strips, powders, and snack foods.
Jun 2010 - Sep 2010 (3 months)
- Utilized skills in model making through the use of fabrication machinery and hand tools in order to craft product displays and accessories.
- Assembled and modified pre-production licensed toys for Hasbro photography team and marketing staff.