Los Angeles, CA
Sep 2014 - Present (7 years)
- Project management of multiple concurrent programs by ensuring a schedule is kept for engineering, packaging, safety testing, and prototype creation.
- Developed successful baby products by finding the right balance between cost, design, product functionality, and engineering requirements.
- Directly engaged in concept generation, CAD development, CMF, and the creation of presentation material.
- Managed internal design team, leveraging the talent pool to ensure all projects received a focused design effort.
- Worked closely with Marketing teams to ensure that products are appealing to customers like Target, Wall Mart, Babys R Us, etc, and that brand values are also upheld in Munchkin products.
- Worked in close collaboration with the Design director to develop and execute product development.
Senior Design Specialist
Jul 2007 - Jul 2014 (7 years)
- Senior Design Specialist, Smart Devices: Applied global design language towards creating products. Developed smart devices with multidisciplinary groups and created internal and external sales presentations. Managed external agencies’ work.
- Range Lead, Smart devices: Co-creator of 2015 global design language and unified design across global teams. Ensured design language is communicated to relevant designers.
- Designed Nokia Lumia Icon for Verizon, Nokia Lumia 930, and Nokia 6350, both sold globally
- Product development decision making between design, engineering, and marketing for successful consumer benefit, brand representation and gross margin.
- Clear communication of design vision through verbal skills to internal and external audiences.
- Created design material for decision making and for external customers such as AT&T & Verizon.
- Finalist for 2014 IDSA – Lumia Icon
Sep 2005 - Jul 2007 (1 year 10 months)
- Design Manager: Design and development of children’s consumer electronics. Created relevant products to engage children based on Disney’s styling and core values.
- Managed external resources to facilitate product development.
- Contributed to cross line of business concept workshops
- Created children’s electronics for Disney Princess, Hannah Montana, Pirates of the Caribbean, Disney Faeries, and Disney Mix line of consumer electronics
- List of products designed: Disney Princess televisions, Boom Box, Alarm Clock Radio, Pirates of the Caribbean televisions, Hannah Montana televisions, karaoke machines, Disney Fairies television, Boom box, Alarm Clock Radio, Disney Mix stick 2, Mix Max
Dec 1998 - Sep 2005 (6 years 9 months)
- Product Design, mobile phones: Development of Nokia and Vertu mobile phones, accessories and retail stores
- Product design support for Graphics: Product rendering, packaging design, tradeshow booth design
- Co-creation of operator specific design variants while maintaining a cohesive global design language
- Designed Nokia 6275, Nokia 6175, Nokia 1225, Vertu Prestige, Nokia universal handset packaging, N-Gage packaging, N-Gage Tradeshow booth
Sheldon Phillips Design
Thousand Oaks, CA
Oct 2003 - Jan 2004 (3 months)
-3D renderings of product concepts and environments
Mirvo Toys / Zowie Entertainment
San Mateo, CA
Jun 1998 - Nov 1998 (5 months)
-Character, vehicle, environment & interface design, storyboards
Los Angeles, CA
May 1998 - May 1998
-Character and prop design for movie proposals
ArtCenter College if Design
Sep 1997 - Dec 1997 (3 months)
-Assisted with education about 3D Modeling and animation for Alias
Santa Monica, CA
May 1997 - Jun 1997 (1 month)
-3D Environment and texture map creation.