3D Design Coordinator & CAD Drafter
Apr 2015 - Present (6 years 5 months)
-Designed and developed high-end retail store displays including window displays for clients.
-Worked with project managers to meet or exceed client deadlines.
-Constructed build-ready models based off client conceptual design ideas.
-Produced photo realistic renders using Solidworks and Visualize for client's approval.
-Created drawing files from models for manufacture.
-Worked on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines.
-In charge of site surveys of store layouts to be recreated in Solidworks.
-Instituted a 3D model database for the 3D and CAD Departments.
-Collaborated directly with outside vendors to create specific build files and construction drawings.
-Coordinated with Construction, AV, and LED departments to ensure accurate models.
-Trained new 3D modeling hires.
-Created or assisted in the creation of the majority of Nike flagship store displays and events.
-Created a database of store environments and display areas including site survey data and 3D Models.
-Dramatically increased the 3D department capacity by working with IT to create a rendering super computer.
Sep 2012 - Sep 2015 (3 years)
- Designed one-of-a-kind custom jigs and tools utilized in circuit board manufacture.
- Improved older and current design projects.
- Worked around extremely tight tolerances and human factor variables.
- Very detail oriented in terms of project layout and project presentation.
- Discussed design changes and revisions with clients to best fit their needs.
- Worked with CAM programmers and machinists to create solutions to complex problems.
- Applied knowledge of high tech electronic manufacture methods.
- High knowledge of material properties and fabrication/assembly methods.
Salem, United States
Oct 2011 - Sep 2012 (11 months)
- Completed custom designed working jigs for wood processing and assembly.
- Worked directly with multiple clients on designs to fit their needs.
- Utilized Solidworks and AutoCAD to plan and preview designs.
- Fabricated cabinetry, furniture, and fixtures from hand drawn designs.
- In charge of final color and material finish.
Industrial Design Intern
RayGun Digital Artistry LLC
Hillsboro, United States
Oct 2010 - Jan 2011 (3 months)
- Implemented improvement to laser cutter duration and performance by 400%.
- Assisted with projects in preparation, processing, and finish work.
- Operated laser cutter supplementary machines.
- Completed side projects for other clients.
- Worked with Metals, Plastics, Woods, and Leathers.
Art Institute of Portland
Portland, United States
Jan 2008 - Apr 2008 (3 months)
- Met fellow students to determine coursework problems.
- Provided customized tutoring to meet student's unique needs.
- Served as a resource for help in 3D modeling and the Adobe CS.
Computer Specialist / Shop Keeper
Salem, United States
Jun 2004 - Sep 2004 (3 months)
- Helped with customers regarding fees and reconciled accounts daily.
- Assured all hardware was operating efficiently, changing ram, video cards, and hard drives as needed.
- Helped any customer who needed assistance with computer or account problems.