Art Director/Project Manager
2013 - 2020 (7 years)
• Managed and art directed in-house and outside design groups, graphic agencies, photographers and freelance designers.
• Led the creation of corporate brand standards for the first time in the 25 year history of the company.
• Created packaging that has won numerous awards, including Creativity Internationals 45th Print Gold, Creativity Internationals 45th Print Bronze, an IF Design Award, and a Red Dot Award in the last two years.
Freelance Designer/Art Director
2006 - 2020 (14 years)
• Art direction and design, product packaging, product development.
MATTEL, JAKKS PACIFIC, BLACK BALL GAMES AND OTHERS
2010 - 2013 (3 years)
Project Manager/Art Director
Playmates Toys Inc.
2008 - 2010 (2 years)
Managed and art directed in-house and outside packaging design groups, graphic agencies, photographers and manufacturers
to create, review and finalize product packaging within budget and tight schedules.
• Managed the work flow between marketing and product development departments to facilitate the design of packaging for a wide
variety of toy lines.
• Provided a strong knowledge of the competitive set to marketing and management, specifically in the collector markets
and the male action category.
2006 - 2007 (1 year)
• Work with marketing and upper management to provide direction for the lines through ongoing evaluation of current products, pricing, promotion and positioning.
• Management of packaging projects to meet required schedules and offer clear communication on pack.
1998 - 2006 (8 years)
• Key responsibilities included: Art direction and design, product packaging, product and premium development, tailoring marketing plans and licensing partners for client specific promotions.
• Instrumental in producing numerous million dollar plus projects and national campaigns for many Fortune 500 companies.
• Key designer in developing from the ground up a toy for JCPenney called Mighty Helmet Racers, which produced sales of almost $3 million in the first two selling seasons.