DSP Design Associates
Apr 2014 - Present (8 years 1 month)
Owner/ Freelance Designer
Jan 2012 - Mar 2014 (2 years 2 months)
- Constantly ideate & brainstorm with freehand sketches & develop into 3D models.
- Researched and planned various styles of furniture design.
- Selected suitable materials, which included wood, metal, plastic and textiles.
- Evaluated costs, and manufacturing methods and techniques.
- Created simple methods to save material waste and hence improve cost.
- Familiarity with material sourcing, product costing, managing skilled labor.
- Estimated product costs for new designs.
- Developed Architectural Elevation Design based on CAD drawing, on Solidworks.
- Worked on Product Designs such as pet feeders, for an exporter, to be mass-manufactured in
S.Steel, for the US market.
- Graphic design Work, including 100 page+ magazine, poster design & stationary design for
Emaho Magazine India.
Intern Furniture Designer
Apr 2011 - Aug 2011 (4 months)
Christopher Guy, is a world renowned High-end Luxury Furniture brand.
- Conducted market research and identified competitors products.
- Create and communicate visual presentations with merchandising boards.
- Designed a WorkTable for their material library, and assisted in Prototyping.
- Assisted as Project Secretary on a US$2 million web based retail project.
Crescendo Publishing Singapore
Aug 2010 - Dec 2010 (4 months)
Baller magazine is a poker based lifestyle magazine, with circulation in all major southeast asia countries.
- Strong understanding of typography, photography, artwork selection, pre-press, proofing marks &
- Ability to design & implement branding and corporate identity graphics standards.
- Developed Creative development, design and layout.
- Managed to perform photo editing and illustrations.
- Ensured to check, resize & place the ads appropriately in the magazine.
- Prepared computer ready artwork for monthly and seasonal issues.
- Ensured that the layouts are produced in time to meet production schedule.
- Adhered to all quality and content specifications of the brand, publishers & printers
- Constantly Communicate & refine print samples with printer’s in China.
- Maintained appropriate computer files and backup files for archiving.