LEDVANCE - SYLVANIA
Jul 2018 - Present (3 years 2 months)
Accomplishments: Designed the new packaging for the luminaire line, showcased at Lightfair 2019 (see video excerpt: https://youtu.be/NCZgNJ4Zar8?t=466).
• Create packaging layouts for Sylvania lighting products.
• Implement detailed brand and legal requirements.
• Collaborate with product managers, engineers, legal team, and external vendors.
• Take initiative to create new template, process, and documentation files to improve workflow.
• Assist with print and web marketing materials.
Freelance Graphic and Web Designer / Fine Artist
Jan 2018 - Jul 2018 (6 months)
And various other timeframes
• Clients have included Green Mountain Coffee, Keurig, Mobil, New Balance, Sofft Shoe, Straumann USA, and many more, most as a contractor through The Creative Group.
• Projects have included magazines, booklets, catalogs, websites, brand identities, logos, stationery, advertising, packaging, brochures, posters, flyers, menus, mailers, PowerPoint presentations, PDF forms, photo editing and more.
• Fine art services such as portraits, illustrations, and calligraphy.
Feb 2017 - Jan 2018 (11 months)
Accomplishments: Updated and modernized the branding of proposals and marketing materials, garnering notice from potential clients.
• Generated in-depth, deadline-driven proposals for highway, bridge and airport projects: gathered and drafted all relevant copy and imagery, designed all contents, coordinated with engineers for content, and produced and delivered to requesters, usually government entities.
• Designed and produced marketing materials both internally and for our clients.
• Prepared award submissions.
• Maintained asset library and Vision database.
Jul 2013 - Feb 2017 (3 years 7 months)
Accomplishments: My product launch concept was so successful that product demand outstripped supply. I also led a reorganization of the server filing system which greatly improved workflow.
• Designed corporate and marketing print materials, tradeshow booth and display graphics, promotional items, event logos, emails, landing pages and forms, microsites, ads, web and app graphics, and collateral.
• Assisted in the development of customer and internal communications strategy, visual identity, and key messages.
• Helped oversee production of all marketing materials including quality control, copywriting, proofreading, ensuring adherence to corporate identity guidelines, and collaborating with vendors.
• Trained marketing associates on Adobe products and design principles.
Senior Graphics Specialist
Jul 2004 - May 2011 (6 years 10 months)
Accomplishments: My designs won one national and two regional awards.
• Clients included Walmart, Kaiser Permanente, BlueCross BlueShield and many more.
• Team lead and designer of health outreach and informational brochures, postcards, mailers, emails, letters and more.
• Provided design services for other departments for various projects including corporate email stationery and corporate marketing materials.
• Other responsibilities included print production (mail merging via InDesign), organization of file server, training peers, and process improvements and documentation.
May 1999 - Jul 2003 (4 years 2 months)
Accomplishments: My initiative to design and launch a website outstripped all other methods for gaining new clients within a year. My print ad campaign generated international inquiries.
• Designed and produced all marketing materials. These included magazine and program advertising, the company brochure, mass mailers and the award-winning website.
• Garnered publication and awards by overseeing photo shoots, submitting press releases, coordinating with clients and team members, and preparing and submitting entries.
• Built and maintained business relationships with key industry colleagues such as realtors and builders.