Interior Design Consultant
Pacific Studio Architecture
Apr 2013 - Jul 2013 (3 months)
*Participating in client consultations, site visits and programming on new projects
*Contributing to design team brainstorm sessions, design charrettes, and project meetings with both clients and consultants
*Generating and illustrating conceptual design ideas through reference images, hand-sketches or diagrams, 3D SketchUp models and written narratives
*Attending project site meetings or government reviews per client’s requests.
*Researching and compiling information on precedent projects, advanced building materials, products and systems in order to develop interior reference and materials library
*Advising on all Interior design decisions, including space planning, lighting, finish selection, and furnishings
*Reviewing all construction documents as provided by the CD team
Verde Design Studio
Jan 2009 - Feb 2010 (1 year 1 month)
*Designing and developing hand drawings as well as detailed AutoCAD plans for custom sustainable furnishings and installments.
* Assisting Clients with design decisions including but not limited to floor plans, furniture selection, and upholstery applications.
* Arranging meetings with clients, designers, and industry reps
* Generate POs, estimates, and invoices per project.
* Meeting with Textile representatives to ensure quality and qualifications of sustainable products in order to keep resource library up to date
* Maintaining appearance of resource library and showroom
* Creating tear sheets, portfolio, and managing web site
* Staging for high end real estate residences
* Providing customer services to potential clients visiting the showroom
* Performing other non-design oriented tasks as needed by the company
Feb 2008 - Jan 2009 (11 months)
Interior Design/ Drafting
* Meeting with specifications representatives
* Client Consultations and Programming
* Producing concept sketches to present to clients
* Space planning and elevations
* Creating renderings for permit process
* Calculating field measurements for as built drawings
* Development of working drawings in AutoCAD
* Production of final A and MEP sheets
* Electronic File Management