Offering 25+ years of experience as a Designer in manufacturing and consulting, with a background of realizing designs from concept sketches to the manufactured product. Highlighting expertise working in teams to develop completely new products and bringing them the full life cycle through to manufacturing.
• SolidWorks • Creo • NX • Inventor • Rhino 3d • Photoshop CS • Illustrator CS • Sketch • InVision • MS Office
Areas of Strength
• Product Design • Research & Development • Project Planning • Physical Prototyping • CAD Modeling • Surfacing • Sketching • Concept Rendering • Illustration • 2d & 3d Design • Design Thinking • UX Design • Industrial Design • Interaction Design
• Industrial design lead on team developing first an outdoor then an indoor air quality monitor for TSI, winning the Environmental Protection Product of the Year Award in 2020 & 2021.
• Led industrial design effort on team developing a multi-purpose folding tool for Warner Manufacturing, patent # US 2020/01899087 A1 applied for in November 2019.
• Team lead conceptualizing a new user interface for Rite-Hite industrial fan controller, helping to justify the need for a user centered system. Concepts were used to develop the full interface system. Introduced Fall of 2018.
• Led team to develop styling and sheet metal enclosure design for Electro Freeze’s new Fuzionate ice cream dispenser. Included sourcing parts and managing prototype build. Introduced at May 2014 NRA show.
• Involved with team developing a new play system support clamp for Playcore, conducting competitive research, leading brainstorming sessions, and developing styling. Patent # US 8,870,136 B2 issued October 2014.
• Worked with client engineers, designers and management in the development of D-Series skid steers and compact track loaders for John Deere, which were introduced in the Fall of 2009 to very positive reviews.
• Created the cap design for the Coachmen Pathfinder SportsCoach RV product line, which helped increase Coachmen’s market share 18.1% from 1st quarter ‘06 to 1st quarter ‘07 for Class A Diesels.
• Produced front cap styling for Damon RV’s best selling 2006 Daybreak, which helped increase demand 33%.
• Environmental Protection Product of the Year Award in 2020 & 2021
• Patent # US 2020/01899087 A1 applied for November 2019
• Patent # US 8,870,136 B2 issued October 2014
• 2 Platinum Awards for Design Excellence 2005 - Design Journal
• Best of Show - Showers/Columns, 2001 Kitchen/Bath Industry Show - Design Journal
• Silver Awards for Design Excellence 1999 - Design Journal