Technical Marketing Coordinator
Evolution Oil Tools Inc.
Nov 2013 - Present (7 years 10 months)
Responsible for creating and revising product marketing documents, including but not limited to catalogs, marketing sheets, operating instructions, product brochures, technical data sheets and website materials. Also responsible for creating marketing videos internally as well as directing external 3rd party technical contractors.
Work alongside Production Supervisor and shop staff to create and revise product and shop unit work instructions.
This role also includes working with the 3rd party website designers to revise and develop all aspects of the company website www.eotools.com, as well as overseeing the company Social Media platform.
Drafting & Design Technologist
Evolution Oil Tools Inc.
Sep 2012 - Oct 2013 (1 year 1 month)
The Design & Drafting Technologist duties included generating new and revising existing designs as required by management and the customer service group.
• Provide updated design drawings, parts and assemblies with design and process improvements using SolidWorks and SolidWorks Composer software
• Developed simplified systems and procedures for logging and tracking design/engineering requests used company-wide that dramatically improved interdepartmental communication and effectiveness
Sep 2010 - Aug 2012 (1 year 11 months)
Industrial and experience design activities for the world leader in interactive whiteboard technology. Worked with User Experience and Mechanical Engineering departments from concept development through to production on a variety of interactive products.
• Provided the initial experience and industrial design concepts through to pre-production ramp up SMART Room System™ for Microsoft® Lync® platform with multiple sub-project involvement
• Completed industrial design and graphic branding of the SMART Board interactive overlay product
• Completed key industrial design improvements to the SMART Mobile floor stand product
• Involved in various aspects of industrial design and user experience for education and corporate product lines
• Relied on to provide graphic design artwork for packaging, software and product branding
Criteria Systems Ltd
Sep 2007 - Sep 2010 (3 years)
Delivered consulting and design services for a rapid prototyping, 3D scanning and 3D design projects.
• Liaised with clients on numerous product development, industrial design, and graphic design projects to develop innovative solutions to their needs
• Co-ordinated the development of the company website to assist clients with online ordering of rapid prototypes
• Provided comprehensive 3D CAD model design and 3D scanning services for varied projects
Product Development Manager
Streamline Automation Inc
Nov 2005 - Sep 2010 (4 years 10 months)
Product development responsibilities involved designing, developing and co-ordinating various manufacturing activities as well as integrating equipment hardware and software control systems for foam carving system. Provided comprehensive installation and training for specialized Computer Numeric Control (CNC) equipment to global customer base, including travel to on-site locations throughout the world. Writing, layout and editing user manuals for complete line of Streamline Automation equipment sold, including CE specifications.
• Spearheaded business model evolution at Streamline from reseller to product development and innovation leader through in-house product design and development
• Successfully led the development of the FROG3D™ line of CNC routers, CNC hot-wire machines and 3D scanning system software improvements
• Effectively managed the technical support and training group and co-ordinated customer training curriculum
• Designed and wrote marketing and technical documents for in-house and external use
CAM Tech Industries Ltd.
Apr 2003 - Nov 2005 (2 years 7 months)
Provided comprehensive installation and training for specialized Computer Numeric Control (CNC) equipment to global customer base, including travel to on-site locations throughout the world. Writing, layout and editing user manuals for complete line of CAM Tech equipment sold. Preparation of well-designed CNC router and laser sample materials and processes for customers and sales personnel.
• Evaluated and implemented Quality Assurance standards to manufacturing processes
• Coordinated selection and execution of CAD/CAM OEM product introduction
• Member of New Product Development Committee