Senior Additive Manufacturing Engineer
Adecco @ Google ArcLab
Mountain View, CA
Jul 2020 - Present (1 year 5 months)
- Operations management for Additive Manufacturing team workspace and equipment at Google ArcLab.
- Daily post processing and preventative maintenance of customer print requests.
- Customer communication and print request setup.
- Packing of customer orders for pickup or courier delivery.
- 3D scanning and model prep using Creoform HandyScan Black.
All Bay Area PPE
Mar 2020 - Jun 2020 (3 months)
- Project manager for local volunteer group making PPE during Covid-19 pandemic.
- Responsible for: intake, processing, and allocation of bulk PET donations to Maker groups in the SF bay area that produced PPE for hospitals, care givers, and essential workers.
- Provided 3D printed face shield components to group as part of larger PPE production push.
- Assisted with breaking down bulk donated fabric for use in facemask production.
- Interviewed by local TV news teams as well as nationally syndicated radio host regarding ABAPPE group efforts.
Specialized Engineering Support
Tezerakt @ Google Legolabs
Mountain View, CA
Jan 2019 - Feb 2020 (1 year 1 month)
- Setup, post-processing, and preventive maintenance of 3D printers at Google Legolabs.
- Recognized as one of the contributing inventors on the Google Stadia Claw patent (US Patent: US D929,390 S)
- Design development of prototypes and test fixtures for various Google teams.
- Assembly of prototype models and text fixtures generated within the 3D print lab.
Digital Design Specialist
Milestone Technologies @ Facebook
Menlo Park, CA
Nov 2018 - Jan 2019 (2 months)
- Updated 3D models of Facebook campus in Autodesk Revit for the Facebook Workplace Technologies Team.
- Architectural 3D scanning using Leica BLK360 scanner. Scan data used as reference material to build model assets in Revit.
Senior Engineering Technician
Alpine Oral Tech
Mountain View, CA
Feb 2018 - Aug 2018 (6 months)
- Provided technical guidance regarding 3D printing processes, applications, and technical considerations.
- Contributed to company patent submission pertaining to Additive Manufacturing methods (not recognized on patent).
- Managed in-house 3D print lab and performed setup and post processing of internal print jobs.
- Provided 3D modeling, 3D scan editing and fixture build support to the engineering team.
Oct 2015 - Feb 2018 (2 years 4 months)
- Creation of design intent drawings and 3D models for Apple retail fixtures using Autodesk Revit.
- Manufacturing drawing review and markups for Apple retail fixture build partners.
- 3D modeling and model building for various clients utilizing Solidworks, Inventor, Revit, and in-house 3D printers.
- Mentor for a team of designers modeling retail spaces with Cinema4D.
- Responsible for the maintenance and management of company-wide Cinema4D infrastructure.
Engineering Technician II
Akorbi @ Google ATAP
Mountain View, CA
Apr 2014 - Sep 2015 (1 year 5 months)
- Designed and built prototypes and test fixtures with Google’s Advanced Technologies and Projects (ATAP) Skunkworks team.
- Provided direct support for Project Tango, Project Soli, Project Jacquard, Spotlight Stories: Duet, Project Ara, Project Abacus, as well as Project Vault.
- Daily maintenance and operation of all ATAP 3D printers.
Icon Design And Display
Santa Rosa, CA
Oct 2013 - Mar 2014 (5 months)
- Retail fixture design of wood and corrugate displays for the beverage industry.
- Notable clients include Kendall Jackson, Sutter Home, Peet’s Coffee, Freedom Moonshine, and Anchor Steam.
- 3D modeling and rendering with Cinema4D R15; post processing and asset modification using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
Freelance Industrial Designer
Apr 2011 - Nov 2013 (2 years 7 months)
- Retail and POP fixture design for the apparel and action sports industry.
- Created manufacturing drawings and interacted with local and overseas manufacturers.
- Notable clients include Reef, Neff, Taylormade, Oakley, Brixton, Raen Optical, and SF Giants.
- Developed a line of 3D printed toy, and model accessories for Shapeways store under the name Yetibrew Design.
Director of Design and Sales
Jun 2008 - Apr 2011 (2 years 10 months)
- Primary designer and sales representative for a startup 3D printing service bureau.
- Developed products and prototypes for notable clients such as: Epson of America, and Targus.
- Reverse engineering, 3D modeling, and 3D scanning of components for: Playhut Toys, Moebius Models, and Nixon.
- Setup and post processing of 3D prints, shop management, scheduling, and billing.
- Additional work included building mock-ups, helping staff with painting, sanding, gluing and other basic shop labor.
AAV Commander (E-4)
United States Marine Corps
Apr 1996 - Apr 2000 (4 years)
- Responsible for the tactical and administrative employment of Amphibious Assault Vehicles.
- Entrusted with the safety of 2 other crewmembers, and up to 30 embarked Marines, as well as field grade officers while Commander of armored command post (AAVC7-A1).
- Experience leading, training, and managing up to 40 Marines at a time.
- Awarded - Good conduct medal, meritorious unit commendation (x2), naval unit commendation, meritorious mast (x3), letter of appreciation, certificate of commendation.