Senior Design & Development Engineer
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Mar 2006 - Present (15 years 7 months)
Key Result Areas:
Project & Design Engineering
• Involved in the entire development cycle starting from conceptualization, product design, feasibility assessment, establishing design requirements, preliminary design, detailed design, Cost Estimation, production planning, production, etc.
• In-depth knowledge in various designing techniques & process planning and prototype development techniques
• Managing overall project operations with a view to ensure timely accomplishment of project targets within the time and cost parameters
• Developing pre-production BOM of with corresponding component unique part numbers using CAD software Pro Engineer; providing assembly instruction drawings of Point-Of-Purchase Displays & Retail Display Units.
• Steered cost reduction initiatives, beginning with DFM/A (Design for Manufacturability/Assembly) brainstorming and conceptualizing ideas through solid modeling
• Carrying out review of prototypes and First article inspection reports (FAIR) for compliance to engineering drawings, planning, purchase order, engineering specifications, and or other applicable design documents
New Product Development
• Coordinating the entire development activities including requirement analysis, planning, finalising specifications and prototype development
• Identifying scope for implementing technological changes to enhance efficiency;
• Designing & developing Sheet Metal products
• Directing and leading the technical personnel. Imparting continuous on job training to the workforce for accomplishing greater operational effectiveness / efficiency.
• Working on talent pool and succession planning of the management cadre and workforce, appraising their KRA based performance and providing feedback on the same
Best Software Solutions
Sep 2004 - Aug 2005 (11 months)