Oct 2000 - Present (20 years 7 months)
Concepted, art directed and designed brochures, trade show booklets, logos, stationery, standards manual, proposals, posters, sell sheets, web sites, e-mail blasts, animated banners, Power Point decks, charts & graphs, direct mail and other collateral for B2B, B2C and Nonprofit clients. Managed and directed outside illustrators.
Most projects completed from concept to production.
Jenner & Block (2014) • American Cancer Society (2013) • Compass Media • (2013) Metastatic Breast Cancer Council (2013) • Abbott (Elite Communications) (2013) • Huron Consulting (2012) • North American Wholesale Lumber Association (2012) • Double Take (2012) • United Stationers (2008) • Toyota Park (2008) • Nology (2008) Elevated Campaigns • Red Orchestra (2006) • JPMorgan Chase (2006) • c|change Inc (2005)
Graphic Consultant, Event Team Recruiter, Team Walk Leader
American Cancer Society | Manpower Contract |Volunteer
May 2013 - 2014 (1 year)
Designed Power Point, event notices and event gift insert for MSABC event. Recruited participants for the
Chicago Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk. Outreach to business and corporate prospects including cold calling, prospecting new contacts and database management. Also involved with relationship building, mentoring, and coaching for fund-raising teams as well as on the planning committee and other event duties.
2012 - 2013 (1 year)
• Redesigned logo for the Metastatic Breast Cancer Council (completed Sept 2013)
• Designed logo for Metastatic Breast Cancer Awareness Day (Oct. 13)
• Imerman Angel Volunteer
• American Cancer Society
- 2012 & 2013 Walk Team Leader
- 2012 & 2013 Strides Against Breast Cancer Planning Committee
- Chair of survivor tent 2013
- Reach to Recovery Volunteer
- Speaker at Judy Baar Topinka’s (Treasurer of Illinois) press conference 2012 & 2013
- Interviewed on ABC 7: early morning Chicago news Oct. 2012 to promote Strides Walk
- One of 4 guest speakers at the 2013 Making Strides Against Breast Cancer kick off breakfast as a
previous pacesetter (someone who has raised at least $2,500) and team leader.
Killian & Company
Jul 2008 - Jan 2010 (1 year 6 months)
Concepted, art directed and designed brochures, identity, stationery, standards manual, web sites,
e-mail blasts and other collateral for both B2C and B2B clients as part of a team. Projects were executed from start to finish (including production).
• Directed and mentored interns and Jr. Staff.
• Designed and instituted brand standards for all proposals, quotes, creative briefs and other Killian documents needed for client communications. This included creating MS Word templates for account managers.
Peapod • Travis-Pedersen & Associates • St. Francis Xavier School • Grippo & Elden LLC • The Diemasters • Strategic Philanthropy • Hill & Valley • Bounce Logistics • National Student Leadership Conference
Graphic Designer 2
Jan 2007 - Oct 2007 (9 months)
Concepted, art directed and designed brochures, booklets, web sites, banners, invitations, direct mail and other collateral. This included the Blue Fusion logo and standards manual for DePaul’s in-house design studio. All projects were a collaboration with account managers, developers and in-house clients.
• Consulted with clients to achieve smarter design solutions. This collaboration resulted in both stronger communications and elevated design aesthetic.
• Successfully met all client deadlines
Adjunct Instructor, Package Design & Introduction to Graphic Design
Sep 2005 - May 2007 (1 year 8 months)
Taught and designed assignments for both advanced and introduction level classes. Topics included: design, marketing, branding, software, production, printing and presentation prototyping as it relates to the graphic design and packaging industry. This includes problem solving for 2-D and 3-D surfaces. TECHNICAL & SOFTSKILLS Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, HTML, Mac and PC platforms Outstanding: research, problem solving, verbal communication and organization skills
Feb 2005 - Apr 2006 (1 year 2 months)
Designed B2B collateral for fortune 500 clients, non profit and professional associations. Projects included brochures, identity, newsletters, stationery, ads, web & environmental banners, packaging and other promotional items. Collaborated staff and clients to execute projects from start to finish (including production.)
Accenture • Alzheimer’s Association • Chicago Dryer • RILA (Retail Industry Leaders Assoc.) • flowerpetal.com
Graphic Design Intern
The Second City
Jun 2004 - Jan 2005 (7 months)
Designed print ads, transit ads, playbills, posters, corporate stationery. Assisted the Art Director with concept generation and image sourcing. Posters design was sold in The Second City Gift shop.
Video Game Designer / Graphic Designer
Jan 1997 - Oct 2000 (3 years 9 months)
Designed and developed computer-based game concepts, user interfaces, and digital artwork for Touchmaster Game system Generated innovative, interactive computer games that appeal to women, children.
• Art directed and designed user interfaces for menu screens and games.
• Assisted in trouble-shooting games to eliminate flaws and programming bugs.
• One of my game concepts is patented. US Patent 628797
Senior Product Developer (game designer)
East Longmeadow, MA
Jan 1997 - Oct 2000 (3 years 9 months)
As a member of a product development team, I leveraged my skills in sketching, 3-D form making and computer imaging (Mac) to create licensed and unlicensed games and activity toys for cardboard, plastic and mechanized products. Licensed companies included Disney, Nickelodeon, Scholastic, Nirvana
• Made key presentations of licensed product prototypes to the licensor and executive staff.
• Wrote rough copy for game strategies and assembly instructions.
• Organized and administered on-site testing of preliminary products to children.