Luis Vargas Design
1995 - Present (26 years)
•Inspired diverse global brand experiences, packaging, physical retail,
and print design.
•Delivered strategic turnarounds and successful new concepts launches.
•Comfortable in various capacities including creative concept development, reinvigorating brands and customer experiences, and building teams.
•Versatile and strategic leader guiding internal and external creative teams.
•Freelance Client list includes: Target Canada, Jumpstart Interactive, Solutionset,
Nemo Design, HeadQuarters Adv, Miles Communications, Golden Bear Sportswear, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Minnesota, Valentine Capital, Aquent, AW Printing, Frisko Magazine, Cafe Claude, I. Magnin, Bullocks/Wilshire.
2013 - 2020 (7 years)
* Guided the design direction for the Amazon Pop-ups, from structural design to product communications and demos experience strategies.
* Developed the off-line retail customer experiences supporting the introduction of new Amazon devices.
* Implemented the brand development strategies for the device portfolio and guided the overall Amazon brand initiatives ensuring brand alignment and awareness across all channels and teams.
Associate Creative Director
2011 - 2012 (1 year)
* I led the creative execution of the computing communication collateral.
* Guided the creative development and execution of the company's Connected 2.0 store format. Focusing on communication graphics standards and customer experience.
* Managed the implementation and evolution of all in-store creative leveraging the new brand and store design direction.
Director of Creative Services
2008 - 2009 (1 year)
* Managed the execution of visual communications and graphic concepts for all Nike and Nike Factory stores as well as new Nike concept stores.
* Developed and deployed a creative process for creative services ensuring best practices for retail marketing and visual merchandising.
* Built partnerships with category leaders to establish best results on initiatives
Sr Art Director, Creative Services
2004 - 2008 (4 years)
* Accountable for the development of seasonal promotional campaigns as well as collateral materials for gift card programs and special events.
* Effectively managed the design, approval and execution of seasonal photography and design.
* Responsible for maintaining the photography budgets ensuring all in-store graphic commitments were delivered.
Sr Art Director, Marketing
2000 - 2004 (4 years)
* Developed collateral for Mervyn's branding, seasonal campaigns, community relations, HR, gift card, credit and special event, leading the launch of concepts such as Mervyn's Moving Mission and Community Closet.
* Led all Hispanic initiative concepts such as La Plaza and Oscar De La Hoya merchandise launch focused at retaining the Mervyn's Hispanic customer base.
Photo Art Director
1998 - 1999 (1 year)
•Scheduled, planned and executed photography creative direction for men’s,
kids and lingerie, in addition to special sale events for Macy’s West’s regional newspaper advertising.
Creative Direction Manager
1996 - 1998 (2 years)
* Redesigned the retail direct mailers and print media focusing on typography, design and photo direction to ensure cohesive brand impact across channels.
* Refined the brand standards and implemented guidelines for launching initial e-commerce site.
* Successfully lead the launched and managed licensing ventures such as:
Art Director, Visual Merchandising
1991 - 1995 (4 years)
* Accountable for visual merchandising creative concepts including the development of visual directives designed to help maintain display and merchandising standards.
* Developed window presentations and seasonal creative direction.
* Responsible for the designing marketing and brand collateral including: POP signage, product tags and seasonal merchandising lookbooks.
Sr. Graphic Designer, Visual Merchandising
1989 - 1991 (2 years)
* Created seasonal display concepts and standards for GapKids and BabyGap.
* Developed the creative executions for the launch of BabyGap stores.