Multidisciplinary Designer (Industrial/UX/UI/Visual/Interaction/Research)
San Francisco, CA
2013 - Present (8 years)
- Conduct user research scenarios, market studies and trend analysis to guide product vision.
- Solve design problems, synthesize product solutions, and (re)iterate as necessary by making use of conceptualization techniques including sketching, 3D modeling, photo-manipulation, physical model-building, user navigation flows, wireframes and pixel-accurate mockups.
- Advocate for fulfilment of design vision while maintaining communicative and cooperative relationships with higher leadership, engineering and marketing personnel on a variety of company teams.
- Take product concepts to final form utilizing 3D modeling and visual design software as needed, while guiding programming efforts in fulfilling UX design visions.
- Produce and/or oversee production of visual marketing assets both static and animated via virtual and real-world photography and associated art direction techniques, including the use of effective and engaging lighting environments and visual composition.
- Generated solutions for: vehicle exterior styling, vehicle interior ergonomics and styling, vehicle dashboard gauges styling and function, bathroom product sculpting, electronics assembly housings, video game art assets and user interface concepts, print media, logos, websites, mobile phone application interfaces.
- Working with a small team of digital filmmakers, I shoot, edit and post-process (as needed) video and stills of visually engaging scenes in natural and urban settings for their use in educational programs, or to be sold online to other cinematographers as stock footage.
- Provide video editing services and motion graphics for said programs.
Industrial Design Lead
2008 - 2013 (5 years)
- Conducted user research scenarios, market studies and trend analysis to guide design vision for a range of electric vehicle iterations.
- Solved design challenges, synthesized solutions and (re)iterated as necessary by making use of sketches, 3D modeling, photo-manipulations, wireframes and pixel-accurate mockups for: exterior body styling, interior ergonomics and styling, dashboard gauges styling and function, and overall user-product experience.
- Communicated on a daily basis with higher leadership as well as mechanical and electrical engineering personnel on a small team, cooperating to solve problems while remaining a strong advocate for the design vision.
- Researched fabrication techniques and maintained positive supplier relationships, balancing the need for high-quality results and remaining financially on-target; devising new methods when necessary.
- Took multiple vehicle exterior concepts to final form utilizing 3D modeling and visual design software as needed, while guiding programming efforts in fulfilling UX design visions.
- Verified physical element production consistency with virtual elements, troubleshooting problems as they arose and incorporating learnings into subsequent design iterations.
- Produced and/or oversaw production of visual marketing assets utilizing photorealistic rendering software and associated art direction techniques, including the use of effective and engaging lighting environments and visual composition.
- Responsible for corporate branding and visual identity development, expressed in the form of a cohesive brand color scheme and visual document guidelines, logos, print media, and internet presence.