Lead UX/Visual Designer
New York, NY
Jan 2012 - Apr 2014 (2 years 3 months)
• Worked on multiple new features and product enhancements for mobile and tablet based applications.
• Design process included discussing feature requirements with product owners, ideation and brainstorming collectively with POs, Developers, QA and translating those to wireframes and prototypes. After a rigorous feedback loop and refinement cycles, mockups and finally visual designs were created.
• Customer feedback, user testing, hi and low fidelity, digital and paper prototyping are some of the activities essential to my design process.
• Previously created a Dashboard and notification system for our mobile and tablet based suite (14 applications) of products.
• Created the visual language for the reporting suite of products. This involved redesigning the look and feel of the user experience and visual components.
• Collaborated on a Bootstrap based Live Style guide for our division.
Sep 2011 - Feb 2012 (5 months)
Created an e-commerce website for a client for an entrepreneurial venture. Designed the website from scratch to finish using WordPress as the CMS.
Oct 2011 - Nov 2011 (1 month)
Worked with TiE-Boston on their Sponsor Brochure 2012 on layout, color, and text edits.
Commissioned Artist | RISD Convocation 2011
Rhode Island School of Design
Jul 2011 - Sep 2011 (2 months)
In collaboration with another Digital Artist Justin Phillipson, we were commissioned by RISD's Provost Sommerson to design an interactive piece on 'Beginnings' for the RISD Convocation 2011. We created an interactive animated projection that fed on the cumulative energy of the new students, faculty and staff that gathered in that space for a new beginning of the year. As the energy rose in the space, the animation grew alongwith it till it reached the crescendo and thus rose and fell with the energy within the space.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Jun 2009 - Jul 2011 (2 years 1 month)
An entrepreneurial company working on green solutions for mercury absorption products. Worked with the CEO of the company on the company's identity design, the brand identity for their new range of products and the packaging design for the entire range with a consistent and distinct visual language carrying through.
Jun 2007 - Aug 2009 (2 years 2 months)
Working with ICLEI South Asia, was an enjoyable, enriching and exciting experience. I worked with the team on a variety of projects including the organizational brochure for ICLEI South Asia, the technical manual 'ecoBudget' for ICLEI Europe chapter that was printed and is in circulation, logo, leaflets and banners for the workshops on Energy Efficient Buildings all over India.
The director Mr Emani Kumar was very open to experimentation with design, and I was thus able to offer unique communication strategies and solutions for their various projects. Constant appreciation and motivation for more and better was an additional delight!
British High Commision, New Delhi
Apr 2008 - Oct 2008 (6 months)
Designed a range of project leaflets for the ICLEI partnered 'City Level Carbon Emissions Reduction Project' under the 'Climate Change and Energy Programme' funded by GOF.
Created a design template along with a design guide for BHC to be able to replicate the design for future projects within the programme for consistency and easy visual association.
Working with a senior six-member team from BHC and ICLEI and taking the ideas through from scratch to final printed leaflets was a great learning experience.
Sep 2007 - Aug 2008 (11 months)
As a freelancer for Synthesis Design Studio, worked with a team of three to "introduce color into the seven floors of TERI's office space", according to the brief given to us. Working with Mr R K Batra, a Distinguished Fellow at TERI, was an exciting opportunity as there were challenges given to us at regular intervals that enhanced our motivation.
From measuring the space out, to ideating, sketching and modeling the new look, strategies for the best way to showcase what TERI does while one traverses the building, creating a soothing work environment, imparting a feel good and professional look to the space, working with the printers on 8' by 12' vinyl prints and in the end installing all the graphics into the spaces, were some of the adventures that made this project worth it.
User Interface Design Intern
Aug 2006 - Feb 2007 (6 months)
Designed UI enhancements for Adobe FrameMaker and Adobe RoboHelp - applications from Adobe’s Technical Writing suite. Some of the areas of work included:
• User studies: Studying user research specs for technical writer’s requirements/workflow
• Icon Design: Designing icons for new features and redesigning select existing icons
• Access points and workflows: Studying new/redesigned features like 3D, Conditional Text, XML, Structured Authoring and Track Changes, proposing solutions for efficient workflows, discoverability and enhanced user experience
• Macromedia to Adobe RoboHelp: Studying discrepancies in the visual language and proposing design intervention that brought it closer to being an Adobe product.
• Redesigning dialog boxes: Thirty dialog boxes redesigned for enhanced user experience
• Product logo Imagery: Observed some design discrepancies in the product logo for Adobe FrameMaker 8.0, proposed changes to the team that were incorporated.
Junior Art Director Intern
Different | Design and Advertising Firm
May 2005 - Jun 2005 (1 month)
Was involved in ideation and team brainstorming for campaign strategies and concepts. Clients included Lowe Alpine, P&G (Ariel and Charmin) and Crate & Barrel.
May 2003 - Jul 2003 (2 months)
Was involved in brainstorming for various campaigns and designed promotional logos, leaflets and catalogues for upmarket clients like Indiatimes and Indian Airlines.