San Mateo, CA
Sep 2012 - Present (9 years 1 month)
• Succeeded in multitasking and producing top-notch, polished designs within aggressive time lines, boosting the company's client portfolio by 30%.
• Went beyond the call of duty to help accelerate results and meet deadlines, thus establishing a reputation of the go-to person in catch-22 situations.
• Recognized by manager and clients for creativity, attention to detail, and ability to think and act spontaneously.
• Resolved issues by consistently spotting problems before they arise and devising out-of-the-box solutions, consequently ensuring a smoother execution on-site.
• Consistently showcased ability to meet technical and co-ordination challenges at every stage with 5 new constructions, remodels, additions and 4 interior projects.
• Revamped and improved the overall drawing language of design team by implementing important organization and presentation standards learnt through previous experience.
• Acquired permits in Palo Alto, Redwood City, Walnut Creek, San Mateo, Hayward and San Jose within stipulated schedule.
• Excelled in the process of FF&E selections, procurement and supplier negotiations to deliver finished results in record time and within budget.
Nov 2011 - Present (9 years 11 months)
• Demonstrated success in transforming client visions into unique, functional design solutions. Experienced in leading Residential and Office design projects from start to finish on time, on budget and with excellent quality.
• Developed entire design concept including FF&E selection, space planning and architectural details; ensured code compliance of all fabrics and finishes; and delivered final presentations that won acceptance and go-ahead.
Design/ Sales Associate
Santa Clara, CA
Oct 2012 - Dec 2012 (2 months)
• Recorded highest sales & design accounts repeatedly, by actively networking and building loyal customer relationships.
• Recognized by clients and managers for providing exceptional customer service, design advice and work ethic.
• Acquired a thorough and in-depth knowledge of materials and products in record time with minimum oversight, thus proving the ability to learn quickly.
Apurva Amin Architects
Jun 2011 - Oct 2011 (4 months)
• Demonstrated expertise & vision while assisting in design development and execution of 13+ residential, institutional & mixed-use projects.
• Regularly recognized for creative, conceptual and analytical talents; AutoCAD and design proficiency; and exemplary work ethic.
Apr 2010 - Jul 2010 (3 months)
• Helped develop sustainable design & space planning proposals for residential projects.
• Ensured code compliance, helped with on-site execution & supervision.
• Created and delivered conceptual design & preliminary presentations with clients.
Apr 2008 - Jul 2008 (3 months)
• Held responsibilities for project coordination and on-site problem-solving with various consultants & contractors.
• Contributed in interior design & material selections for various projects.