Interior Book Designer
Sep 2021 - Mar 2022 (6 months)
Guided each book design from initial design and through production cycle, which includes meeting multiple deadlines, monitoring quality control and adhering to strict internal styles and procedures.
Completed 3–4 (approx. 300 page) books a month; along with getting praise for providing a fresh new style to the overall look and feel of the interiors, utilizing my past and extensive designer experience.
Senior Design and Production Specialist
PARADIGM PUBLISHING LLC
2011 - 2020 (9 years)
• Designed and produced over 40 college textbooks using editorial storytelling technique throughout. Transformed newer titles into an online Learning Management System, (LMS), utilizing Adobe Creative Suite. Served as the Art Director and lead designer for template work, which included: covers, interiors, ancillaries, and digital visual design for marketing assets. Created digital libraries for company-wide use.
• Was the branding lead because of my experience, skills, proven excellence in design, and attention to detail.
• Created dozens of info-graphics, illustrations, and photoshop files for many textbooks, allowing the company to save money as these elements were previously created by external vendors.
• Rebranded Paradigm and JIST Publishing in 2014. Successfully collaborated with CEO, senior management, marketing, and web development to create new corporate branding for both divisions; including; logos, websites, ebooks, mobile, print and web marketing, trade show booths and assets, web banner advertising and other marketing assets. Managed brand identity for company-wide consistency.
• Rebranded again in 2020 after sale of company. Successfully collaborated remotely for 8 months, continuing to design and execute large textbooks within our agile project teams; and was the key designer to quickly create marketing assets for print and digital. Developed and executed multiple projects at once, against very tight deadlines.
Saint Paul, MN
2010 - 2011 (1 year)
• Ideated, conceptualized and executed design concepts for the fast-paced, dynamic graphic design agency.
• Created eye-catching print and web materials, along with mock-ups and final presentation materials.
• Worked with diverse clients such as 3M and the CHS brands: energy and nutrition.
• Created and produced deliverables including annual reports, advertising, catalogs, webpage design, gift card design, mailers, posters, brochures, and more.
Graphic Designer/Art Director
Valerie King Design
2000 - 2011 (11 years)
* Independently managed creative projects to produce outstanding branded marketing materials.
* Managed everything from concept to production. Strategizing and developing concepts for promotion, while liaising with external clients. Created striking, creative and consistently branded marketing materials for Albarella Design, United Banker's Bank, Welland Laike Communication, City of Cottage Grove and many others. Successfully utilized strong skills of metaphorical visual design, creative layout design, photography, and writing (including writing creative copy).
* Maintained a 12 year exclusive designer relationship with United Banker's Bank and was able to produce many beautiful annual reports (with no errors) for eight years running, along with all of the company's marketing collateral, advertising, website design needs-defned company branding, with top notch results.
* Art Direction of all projects along with Marketing leadership team and freelance writer collaboration on major projects. Photography Director and actual photographer on several projects.
* Illustrated maps, logos, and vector art, saving companies time and money.