Santa Clara, CA
Mar 2018 - Present (3 years 1 month)
Working along with the Employee Experience team in coming out with the best in class Mobile, Virtual Assistant and Portal solutions for the employees and customers.
Senior UX/UI Designer – Apple Inc. (Consultant)
Apr 2011 - Feb 2018 (6 years 10 months)
As part of the Cognizant Interactive Group, my responsibilities include creating wireframes, visual comps, conduct usability review, and interact with the stakeholders, development team and focus groups.
• Worked with Global Business Intelligence & Mobile App teams for Apple Inc. (Sunnyvale, California)
Roles and responsibilities involve - User study, creating user flows and wireframes, visual design and usability analysis for new and some existing dashboards. Interact with the business and Dev team in requirement analysis and design implementation.
• Worked with Marsh & McLennan (New York), on Pega Tool based application.
The application was built on Pega tool, which helps in creating applications that can automate Business Process Management.
Roles and responsibilities involve – User study, creating user flows and wireframes based on the Pega tool constraints, visual design and usability analysis for some existing related applications.
• Worked with eBay Inc. (Campbell, California) Roles and responsibilities: Interacted with cross-functional teams to assess eBay.com requirements and design solutions.
Created sitemaps, task flows, interaction specifications, use cases, wireframes and visual design among other deliverables.
Participated in user research and analysis
• Worked with William Sonoma (San Francisco, California), updated their customer facing sites – includes Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids & PBteen. Updated the existing sites, provided wireframes, visual design and high-fidelity prototype
Senior UX/UI Designer
Oct 2007 - Apr 2011 (3 years 6 months)
As part of User Experience Design group at Infosys, my responsibilities were conduct user research, evolving information architecture, UI Task flow and navigation models, creating wireframes, visual design, style guide and prototyping for various applications (internet/intranet, desktop and mobile applications) in various domains like Ecommerce, Banking, Healthcare to name a few.
• Worked with Cummins Inc., (Columbus, Indiana) in restructuring the existing applications/websites. Creating user task flow diagram, site maps, information architecture, navigation model and wireframes for upcoming projects.
- Developed standards and guidelines for UX governance to be adhered to by development teams, developed style guides and standards around web screens UI elements, consulting/advising application teams on UX guidelines and UI layouts.
- Anchoring the entire project UX deliverables (HLD, LLD, Visual Design etc.)
- Co-coordinating with various technology teams and leading a 2 - 4 member offshore UI team in India
• Worked on an ecommerce application for Toyota (Torrance, California). It was a customer facing application for selling Toyota (including Lexus & Scion) accessories.
- Conducted user research, created user task matrix, user task flow diagram, navigation model, wireframes and visual design based on the existing Toyota guidelines.
- UX guidelines were also updated based on the current industrial standards.
Product Engineer (UI Design)
Aug 2006 - Sep 2007 (1 year 1 month)
Efficiently managed and coordinated design production from conception through completion. Worked closely with clients to create vision, conceive designs, and consistently meet deadlines and requirements. This firm was more of a product development engine rather than service oriented.
• Few products that I worked upon are ClearVU, Dbxcel, Enfold, Authenticlick, PSI, Facebar, First Advantage, USuggest, and SaffronArt. Defined site map, navigation model, wireframes, visual design, high fidelity prototypes, user interface patterns, etc.
• Worked on core user interface elements, reusable design elements/patterns, screen prototypes that meet the requirements dictated by the design research & content audit.
• Ensured product ease of use, user engagement & user satisfaction by designing, implementing user centered methodologies
• Rapid development of web-based, user-interface prototypes in a fast-paced, multi-project environment
Jul 2005 - Jul 2006 (1 year)
Provided full-service graphic, web and architectural design capabilities to clients needing professional web branding, site maintenance, and application design
• Worked closely with the clients in redesigning applications/websites. Developed award-winning brand and ecommerce websites for several high-profile companies, including Arvin Meritor, Centurion Bank, Citibank, CSC, Four 51o, General Motors, Multiport, Pfizer, Provident Partners, SoftBrands, Unilever and so on