Art Director / Designer
Little Falls, NJ
Aug 2015 - Present (6 years 4 months)
Independent graphic/visual design, art direction, and consultation services for the following:
Credly – 2018
Development of marketing collateral and visual assets for digital credential provider.
Toys ”R” Us – JUN 2016 to MAR 2018
Design, development, and production of digital, print, and experiential assets for “R”Us brand (supporting TRU & BRU business units) on cross-channel marketing campaigns and promotions, ID systems, and customer loyalty programs:
• Email blasts, landing pages, A-spots, banner ads, rich media units, social media posts, animations; Catalog inserts, handouts, brochures, in-store signage and displays; Packaging and product concepts; Image retouch and composites; Internal communications (docs, presentations, video walls).
• Additional responsibilities: Workflow updates, process reports, file management/archiving.
Mycrobiomics, Inc. – 2016
Development of corporate identity initiative (ID systems and guidelines), including digital assets and associated support materials.
Rebuilding Together North Jersey
Survivor Tails Animal Rescue – 2016
Pro bono design of collateral, promotional materials and fundraising pieces.
Softway Solutions – SEP 2015 to NOV 2015
Acted as liaison for TX-based agency, supporting NJ R&D division of large energy client. Developed concepts, created prototypes, and iterated on hi-fidelity comps for new human-centered experiences and services portal to support client efforts with visual storytelling.
Creative Director, Institutional Markets
Tutor.com / The Princeton Review
New York, NY
Sep 2005 - Aug 2015 (9 years 11 months)
Developed and maintained high visual ID standards across multiple brand platforms. Produced associated collateral, web/mobile resources, and event-based properties for Direct-to-Consumer product implementation and several institutional markets: Libraries, Higher Education, K-12 Schools, Corporate Benefits, as well as Gates Foundation-funded PD program. Evolved creative over time to accommodate shifting behavior/needs of a varied audience segments (Academic administrators, directors, faculty, librarians, families, parents, students).
• Company reputation as market leader in online tutoring secured;
• Validity of economic model established;
• Directors assisted in understanding and advancing messaging/marketing matrixes, user profiles, and flow of lead generation/conversion funnel (Direct-to-Consumer product);
• Awareness of program dramatically enhanced across base;
• Sales, usage, and renewal metrics for each market increased per year;
• Successful client engagement/retention campaigns incorporated into print, digital, and social media marketing strategies;
• VC interest/funding expanded (leading to IAC acquisition);
• Deeper penetration into Ed tech space achieved (leading to merger with The Princeton Review)
Provided visual identity/direction for innovative military contract funded by Dept. of Defense.
• Client loyalty expanded internally across military branches;
• On-location promotional operations increased;
• Program funding renewed despite budgetary constraints
Additional responsibilities: Managed multiple projects simultaneously, provided QA across all deliverables; communicated concepts and best practices to market and product dev teams; supervised junior creatives; built and maintained asset library; coordinated vendor support.
Manager of Creative Services
Everest Broadband Networks
Fort Lee, NJ
Jan 2000 - Sep 2001 (1 year 8 months)
Developed a complete corporate identity initiative • Designed sales collateral, print and broadcast advertising, promotional materials, marketing campaigns, graphics for web/digital, and event components • Coordinated and maintained the workflow between the creative services, marketing and sales departments.
Assistant Creative Director
Peter Pan Industries / Inspired Corp.
Feb 1998 - Aug 1999 (1 year 6 months)
Video storyboards Developed a complete corporate identity initiative * Designed sales collateral print and broadcast advertising promotional materials marketing campaigns graphics for web/digital and event components * Coordinated and maintained the workflow between the creative services, marketing and sales departments. School of Advertising Art
Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Aug 1995 - Nov 1997 (2 years 3 months)
Designed 3D prototypes, packaging, sales collateral, print ads and POP displays for various music and interactive CDs, video and DVD products.
Assistant Art Director
Arts Weekly, Inc.
Jul 1993 - Aug 1995 (2 years 1 month)
Organization and paste-up of copy, artwork and photo elements to mechanical boards for advertising, editorial, and classified pages of weekly publications.