Head of Creative
Los Angeles, CA
Nov 2018 - Feb 2021 (2 years 3 months)
Led a best-in-class team of four delivering compelling packaging, print, digital / social media, and broadcast creative for 200+ omnichannel products featured by global retail partners.
• Collaborated with senior leadership and defined brand standards and story, consistently balancing form and function to drive revenue growth.
• Aligned retail partner requests with internal standards, consistently solving design challenges and producing multiple product iterations and targeted visual stories while staying true to brand guidelines and goals.
• Inspired team members to reach peak creative performance through engaged management and mentorship.
• Liaised cross-functionally to anticipate and remove obstacles for team members, maximizing quality and efficiency.
• Led creative briefing sessions cross-departmentally to help align business needs with brand story and standards.
• Balanced budget constraints and creative vision to drive consumer engagement while improving net margins.
• Managed partnerships with external agencies and contractors to optimize ROI on multi-platform campaigns.
• Refocused, revitalized, and mentored the creative team to produce more effective deliverables, resulting in a 15% top-line growth in sales in two years.
• Redesigned Amazon A+ page content to better communicate product benefits and align with brand standards, creating a sales lift of $2M+ within three months.
• In immediate response to Covid-19 pandemic, refocused Natrol’s immunity product line packaging designs and advertising creative, resulting in top-line sales increase of $55M.
• Implemented robust, cloud-based, creative project management platform that improved collaboration, reduced change rounds, and became invaluable with the shift to remote workspaces.
• Redesigned and relaunched Natrol website, adding eCommerce direct-to-consumer functionality and creating powerful new sales and advertising channels.
Dec 2016 - Oct 2018 (1 year 10 months)
Steered creation of highly conceptual print and digital ads and cultivated relationships with editors at top industry publications to grow brand through advertising and editorial exposure.
• Led team of five marketing and creative professionals in design, development, and production of engaging collateral closely aligned with brand standards.
• Fostered a positive group dynamic by facilitating cross-functional collaboration and open communication.
• Spearheaded complete rebranding initiative to align all marketing and creative assets with “clean and soft” product image while elevating and rejuvenating the brand in the marketplace.
• Collaborated with senior leadership to design brand stories and standards.
• Leveraged copywriting expertise to craft attention-grabbing headlines and ad copy.
• Drove cost reductions while increasing value at the department and company-wide levels.
• Managed eCommerce site and delivered highly effective user interface and user experience (UI / UX).
• Conceptualized and launched aggressive marketing plan, triggering dramatic 724% increase in marketing exposure.
• Secured first-ever company placement on cover of Printwear Magazine, a leading industry publication.
• Transformed email strategy: boosted read rate from 0.2% to 34% by retooling email marketing program and delivering an open rate of 77% with introduction of behavior-triggered remarketing campaign.
• Generated 35K targeted impressions per month by deploying a robust digital retargeting campaign.
Sep 2013 - Dec 2015 (2 years 3 months)
Led team of 14 in California and Michigan to develop effective, on-brand creative. Orchestrated complete overhaul and transformation of program creative to exceed expectations.
• Advised top Honda executives on creative direction.
• Conducted nationwide focus groups to test and refine communications prior to launch.
• Provided conceptual and hands-on direction for multichannel web, email, digital, and direct mail campaigns.
• Designed and produced highly variable, personalized digital and print communications and responsive digital UI / UX.
• Designed multi-year program to grow brand awareness, increase owner satisfaction, and lift purchase rates.
• Oversaw creative design across interactive, print, and social channels for multiple Honda programs, including the $37M Honda Owners Lifecycle Communications (HOLC) program.
Oct 2008 - Mar 2012 (3 years 5 months)
Managed marketing, creative, and related staff for multiple brands, including key clients Sena Cases and Michael Kors.
• Delivered compelling web design, print design, photography, illustration, and copywriting.
• Effectively liaised with product team at Apple to facilitate sales of Sena cases at retail locations nationwide.
• Grew revenue by 583% in three years by leading rebranding effort and effectively positioning products within market.
• Played key role in securing licensing agreement with Michael Kors for Sena to produce Kors-branded cases.
• Enhanced web presence, refreshing eCommerce store UI/UX and launching highly effective social media campaigns.