Los Angeles, CA
Aug 2012 - Present (9 years 4 months)
Red Clay Design is an online hub connecting companies who need design work with select designers. I have produced designs for various markets, including housewares, home furnishings, products directed at the geriatric market, and several smart tech devices.
• Selected by NY Now (formerly NYIGF) to design the new Accent on Design award, which recognizes standout creativity and ingenuity in product design worldwide.
• Tasked with creating concepts for a new wearable medical device geared to the geriatric market. As a direct result of the ideation, 3D modeling and photo realistic renderings I provided, the company received successful seed funding via a Kickstarter campaign and have gone on to receive over $2 million in additional funding. The device is poised to hit the market in early 2019.
• Created original designs and renderings of a unique baby bottle system for “Quit Your Day Job”, a reality series on Oxygen where amateur inventors are partnered with various professionals to turn their ideas into reality. Designs, including functional engineering, were delivered under extremely tight deadlines, due to production timing. I had the opportunity to present the first phase of designs to the inventor on camera and created final renderings the next day in response to that meeting. As a result of the design and rendering work, my client received the funding needed to get her project off the ground. The episode aired May 20, 2016.
Freelance Product & Graphic Design
David Kanegsberg Design
Jan 2010 - Present (11 years 11 months)
• Design and fabrication of ceramic housewares using slip casting and wheel throwing techniques.
• Website design using Wordpress CMS, focusing on simplifying data rich content, and increasing company growth.
• Active involvement with email marketing (both visual and content), strategic business-to-business planning, and branding role, resulting in increased clientele and revenue for company.
• Photography for advertising, magazine publications, and business-to-business holiday cards used to maintain and grow client relations.