Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Licensed Artist
Sep 2012 - Present (9 years)
• Illustrator of mother and child graphics for 'Infant Inspirations' book by Amy Collins.
• Created Character and Graphics for art licensing in publishing, entertainment, tween accessories and children's market.
• Companies that I have freelanced for include: Hasbro, Nat & Jules (Plush Division of Demdaco), Treasures LLC., The Wish Factory Inc., New Adventures, Teleflora, Hugfun Int'l Inc., Kids First Toys Co., Sassy, etc.
Senior Design Manager
Toys "R" Us, Inc.
Oct 2003 - Sep 2012 (8 years 11 months)
• Oversaw the direction and design of private label brand products including: character plush, soft dolls, tween accessories, girl playsets, play outfits, baby items, lifestyle and seasonal programs.
• Researched trends and created multiple private label product design and PDQ style guides.
• Managed designers, freelancers and interns in order to maintain design consistency for a unified branded look.
• Communicated design directions to overseas counterparts.
• In addition to winning the Parent's Choice Award, another career highlight was designing the character, storyline, products, printed graphics and POP display for girl's lifestyles program called 'Catrina, the Princess with Attitude!™'.
The Zrike Company Inc.
Feb 2002 - Oct 2003 (1 year 8 months)
• Designed products, graphics, and packaging for high-end tableware company.
• Career highlight was designing logo, graphics, and products for CockTails™ barware line. Designed sophisticated rooster characters dressed as a waiter, bartender, pianist and a hen lounge singer each, holding a martini glass with olive. Product line was sold at specialty shops and department stores. Items included: cocktail plates, square platter, condiment bowls, cheese dome, cheese tray, canapé knives, snow globe bottle stoppers, olive tray, and martini glasses. • Updated The Zrike Company corporate logo, all related signage, backstamps and stationery.
Graphic / Product Designer
Russ Berrie & Company Inc.
Mar 1998 - Feb 2002 (3 years 11 months)
• Developed concepts, products and graphics for largest manufacturer of giftware and tabletop items sold throughout the world.
• Giftware designs included: plush, resin figures, frames, ornaments, plaques, trinket boxes, decorative accessories, tins, candles, nightlights, bookmarks and magnets.
• Designed new character or themed concepts that developed into their own product lines.
• Other responsibilities included: illustrating, packaging design, logo designs, writing copy, and research and development for new products and trends.
• Private Labels included: Hallmark Cards, Carlton Cards, and Michael's.
Encore Studios Inc.
Jul 1996 - Jan 1998 (1 year 6 months)
• Created design concepts and graphics for personalized greeting card company specializing in embossed, foil-stamping, die-cut and handmade cards.
• Two Christmas card designs were chosen as finalists for The Pillsbury Company holiday card.