Strategist and Content Writer (consulting)
Nov 2015 - Present (6 years)
Creative content strategy and development across all mediums for a wide range of clients and industries.
Web Content Coordinator
2014 - Present (7 years)
* Apply digital style standards to web content to ensure brand consistency and adhere to best practices for digital content * Respond to web maintenance requests with 90%+ accuracy and efficiency
* Handle editorial maintenance of hundreds of pages on more than 20 websites
* Strategize web architecture based on content needs, best practices, user personas and usability
Feb 2001 - Present (20 years 9 months)
* COPYWRITING. Support brand messaging with engaging copy for different audiences across multiple mediums.
* UX. Create optimal user experience with logical information process flow and content direction.
* SEO CONTENT WRITING. Help brands look good with powerful communication (industries include insurance, technology, real estate, consumer products, travel, counseling, dentistry).
* PROOFREADING and EDITING. Improve clarity, rhythm and flow with line editing and wordsmithing.
* PROJECT MANAGEMENT. Alleviate client workload by managing editorial projects.
* TEAM LEADER. Work as dedicated member of team to brainstorm, strategize, implement.
* TECHNOLOGY WRITER. Translate technical material into palatable language.
* EDITORIAL DEVELOPMENT. Develop editorial calendars, conduct interviews/research.
* CONTENT MANAGEMENT. Manage and edit content from outsourced writers.
* STORY DEVELOPMENT. Develop enticing story angles and pitch editors. Work with PR firms and CVBs nationally to develop story angles and compile research about travel destinations.
* MARKETING. Maintain relationships via newsletters, direct mail, social networking, events.
Measurable results produced for clients: Wrote copy for postcard mailer resulting in 2% response rate authored reports resulting in new sales and subscribers wrote ads that redefined company image increased traffic to blogs and article pages through use of Twitter and Facebook.
Lincoln Financial Group
Sep 2011 - Dec 2012 (1 year 3 months)
* Led team of editors on 2000+ page content migration project
* Oversaw email best practices redesign project from idea to implementation with UX design team
* Improved user experience by making recommendations for content reorganization
* Improved benefits/compensation experience by revitalizing intranet navigation and structure
* Developed Digital Editorial Standards for Lincoln (DESL), Lincoln's first Web editorial style guide
* Trained content creators to write for the digital space through workshops and teleconferences
May 2011 - Aug 2011 (3 months)
* Increased web traffic and minimized bounce-rates by managing, updating, and developing optimized webpages for the Cancer Center, Transplant Center, and BMT at CHOP
* Enhanced usability and navigation throughout the website
* Used Google Analytics to provide feedback and make adjustments to content and structure
* Analyzed social media activity and submitted monthly report to inform social media strategy
* Worked collaboratively with physicians and nurses to develop content
West Chester, PA
Nov 2010 - Mar 2011 (4 months)
Increased online sales by writing creative and descriptive copy for products in all categories, including apparel and accessories, home décor, and electronics.
2011 - 2011
Increased client satisfaction by quickly delivering copy for cross-collateral campaigns, including email marketing, websites, no-requirement offers, and sell sheets for a diversity of industries. The work required little revision and was exactly what the client needed.