Jul 2015 - Present (5 years 11 months)
Corgan MediaLab is the storytelling arm of Corgan, an architecture and interior design firm. They create animation, motion graphics, visual effects, and architectural visualization for a diverse range of clients. Their mission is to educate, inspire, and entertain through meaningful visual storytelling.
• Conceptualized and art directed a wide variety of project types, from renderings (stylized and photo-real) to motion graphics to videos and animations.
• Collaborated with Executive Creative Director, Executive VFX Creative Director, Producers, Production Leads, and Clients to determine the scope, schedule, and budgets for projects.
• Performed tasks such as writing creative briefs, producing style guides, building story boards, developing script outlines, writing interview questions, conducting interviews, pulling selects from transcripts, and providing reference material.
• Participated in discovery meetings to uncover client needs, kickoff meetings to communicate creative goals, and dailies meetings to maintain project quality and direction.
• Reviewed work submitted by VFX and Editorial teams to provide feedback and approvals.
• Engaged with Producers and Production Leads to adapt to client feedback and adjust project goals.
• Researched inspirational content and monitored industry trends, participated in conferences and workshops, and shared knowledge with the MediaLab.
• Designed print collateral and digital assets as needed.
• Utilized emerging technologies such as Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and 360 Video on projects when applicable.
• Served as Cruise Director by leading a small committee in the budgeting, planning, and execution of team building activities for the MediaLab.
• Represented the MediaLab in the Corgan Design Advocates Committee, a group dedicated to seeking and sharing ideas and techniques that facilitate continuous design improvement throughout the firm.
Jan 1996 - Present (25 years 5 months)
• Clients include: PackGeek, Baal Dan Charities, Food Mission, St. James Orthodox Mission Church, St. Mary’s Malankara Indian Orthodox Church, Indian American Nurses Association of North Texas, Inc., Delta Kappa Delta (Alpha Chapter), Dunn Media Group, RPDesigns, Rajdeep Mandap Wedding Services, NuMed, Inc., and the National Association of Indian Nurses of America.
• Projects worked on include logos, stationery, booklets, flyers, invitations, forms, signage, stamps, T-shirt designs, web sites, and emails.
Art Director - Digital Design
May 2000 - Jul 2015 (15 years 2 months)
Fossil Group, Inc. is a global company specializing in the innovation, design, and marketing of fashion lifestyle and accessory products including watches, jewelry, and leather goods. At the heart of Fossil's vision is their commitment to fostering creativity and delivering the best in design through their three core businesses: Fossil Brand, Skagen, and their Portfolio of Brands.
• Collaborated with Creative Directors and Art Directors to manage a team of Designers, Production Artists, Contractors and Interns.
• Scheduled, managed, and art directed domestic and international projects for the Fossil Interactive Services group.
• Functioned as a hiring manager to staff team when needed.
• Conducted annual performance reviews for direct reports.
• Collaborated with various departments (Business to Business, Corporate Markets Division, Photography, Digital Imaging, Copywriting, Web Development, Merchandising, and Marketing) to generate consistent branding across multiple channels (retail, wholesale, catalog, and web).
• Projects worked on include both extranet and intranet web sites, mobile web sites and apps, email campaigns, ad banners, social media posts, point-of-sale graphics, contests/sweepstakes, and desktop screensavers.
• Concepted and art directed custom photography for many projects.
• Primarily worked on the Fossil brand, but also designed for licensed brands such as Emporio Armani, Callaway Golf, Columbia Sportswear, Diesel and Disney.
Intern - Print Design
Dec 1999 - May 2000 (5 months)
• Assisted the Image Group by setting and applying graphic standards to various types of print collateral, preparing presentation materials, and handling standard intern responsibilities.
• Projects worked on include catalogs, postcards, posters, duratrans (backlit display prints), signage, packaging, and product line sheets.