Freelance Art Director
Nov 2016 - Present (4 years 11 months)
Formerly Creative Director at CDK Global, I have 20 yrs combined agency, in-house and freelance experience as creative director, art director, senior visual & UX designer and illustrator.
* I'm skilled at branding, digital marketing, design, illustration, typography, Web, mobile, print, event design, identity and infographics.
* I've published a children's book, illustrated a business book and produced a corporate training animated music video.
* I've managed video production from script to storyboard to on set direction to post production.
* I rock Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign, After Effects and yes, even Powerpoint.
I'm open to #remote or weekend commuting, I’m based in Seattle, willing to travel and am seeking not only ACD or Art Director roles, but also Senior Visual Designer positions because I’m willing to take one step back to take two forward. I'm active on social media, I detest red tape and I'm a brand champion.
And I'm available NOW. Let's chat.
Jun 2015 - Nov 2016 (1 year 5 months)
Regularly directed 20+ projects and campaigns while designing up to 10 high-level projects at a time. Led white-labeled projects with General Motors, Lexus and Infiniti.
• Promoted to Creative Director for design leadership, digital marketing and branding experience.
• Co-managed, hired, fired and inspired a team of 4 Sr. Designers, 2 Copywriters, an Editor and Project Manager between Seattle and Chicago delivering 400+ projects per year.
• Managed and directed 10 video/animation projects in 12 months.
• Exceeded C-suite expectations of brand impact for three national sales and leadership meetings within one year, earning accolades from company leadership.
Art Director, Marketing
CDK Global / Cobalt: An ADP Company
Jun 2012 - May 2015 (2 years 11 months)
Directed design eﬀorts for 4 major marketing campaigns per year, from eBook launches to concluding Webinars. Streamlined production of graphic marketing templates for hero graphics, banner ads, landing pages and email newsletters.
• Promoted to Art Director due to marketing experience and data visualization skills.
• Led two rebranding eﬀorts, both as Cobalt and branding the new CDK Global.
• Broke engagement records with Inventory Shopper Experience Study campaign, resulting in 644% increase in ebook downloads and 194% increase in webinar views.
Sr. UX Designer
Cobalt : An ADP Company
Mar 2011 - Jun 2012 (1 year 3 months)
Provided wireframes, prototypes and designed responsive widgets and site themes for whitelabeled General Motors digital automotive website platform.
• Redesigned top two responsive inventory display widgets for 5800 GM dealership sites.
• Led UX design on 4 web-based applications within one year via Agile Methodology: Accessories, Digital Window Stickers, Warranty and Dynamic Specials Widgets.
Sr. UI/UX and Print Designer
May 2010 - Sep 2010 (4 months)
User interface design, marketing and sales enablement, and HR materials creation for startup civics and political social media platform backed by James Carville and Richard Dreyfuss.
• Redesigned 4 iterations of site functionality including share engine, profile pages, video portal and blog for grassroots engagement, increasing usability and traffic across the platform.
• Increased student awareness with campus crowdsourcing contests of promotional items.
Sr Designer & Illustrator
Jan 2006 - Nov 2008 (2 years 10 months)
I was the resident designer and illustrator for Media Partners. Duties included graphic design, Web design, illustration and motion graphics - and recently, video production and animation.
Jul 2000 - Dec 2005 (5 years 5 months)
I was a staff designer for HighPoint Solutions, and my primary tasks were E-mail marketing, Web and graphic design. Clients included Microsoft, Safeco Insurance, World Vision, Episcopal Relief and Development, and Focus on the Family.
Junior Designer & Production Artist
1998 - 2000 (2 years)
Illustrated point of purchase materials, logos and interactive pieces Cinnabon, Starbucks, Chaffey Homes, Microsoft and Yahoo! As the only HL2 designer with Web experience at the time during the dot-com boom, I produced Isernio Sausage's Web site, and designed and produced the Web site and additional marketing materials for Pallino Pastaria. Also worked as Junior Designer and electronic production for Cinnabon, PBA, Major Marine Tours and VoiceStream Wireless. Packaging illustration for Mrs. Fields Cookies, Starbucks and Chaffey Homes.