Strategic Senior Designer
Independent Design Professional
Jun 2021 - Present (7 months)
Great brand identity expertise. Innate understanding of design as a business tool to generate profits. Engenders trust and respect of internal and external clients which results in repeat business, increased business through referrals and long lasting business relationships. Incorporates creativity and sound judgment, manages multiple priorities, meets deadlines and budgets. A team player who can work independently and is also versatile in a range of industries. Excellent at concepting, and technically experienced to execute and finalize concepts to completion.
SailPointe Creative, Design Division of Federated Group
Arlington Heights, IL
Jan 2015 - Jun 2021 (6 years 5 months)
Responsible for creating new design concepts to be used on all "store branded" products within the grocery store. *
• 2021 GD USA Award - Cardinal Tissue branded packaging
• 2019 Vertex Award - Earth Fare Organic product line
• 2019 GD USA Award - Fiesta Ice Cream packaging
• 2020 Created successful LifeGoods brand design resulting in +700% over 2019
Senior Designer, Owner
Jan 2009 - Feb 2015 (6 years 1 month)
• Firm of record for Specialty Brands of America.
Redesigned Bear Creek Soup packaging, designed new branded Bear Creek Mac & Cheese sku's, new Pasta & Sauce and Rice & Sauce lines, Cary’s and Springhill Syrup packaging.
• Redesigned all EnjoyLife products and displays. Redesign led to +30% in sales over prior year.
• Designed in-store signage and marketing materials for Medline, Ace Hardware, Lowes and Werner Ladder.
Haugaard Creative Group
May 2002 - Nov 2006 (4 years 6 months)
Charged with delivering high quality design solutions from concept to project completion. Art Directed designers on Kraft Foods projects. Brought my own account, the Kraft Food Service division, integrated it into HCG and managed all aspects of service including design, execution, art direction, presentation, proposals, quotes and billing.
Worked singly and on teams to deliver designs ranging from “close-in” conservative to “push-the-envelope” innovative.
• Created brand identities for Tropicana “Squeeze”, Near East “Whole Grains”, Quaker “Nutrition for Women”, Tang “Sport”and Tropicana “FruitWorks”.
• Entrusted with high profile brands to design: branding, retail and club-store packaging, logos, displays, promotions, and FSI’S.
Jun 1999 - Dec 2001 (2 years 6 months)
Strategic designs included research of competing brands and consumer testing which was incorporated into successful package designs for both Kraft and Nabisco Brands.
• Created Kraft Marketing Services corporate logo .
• Designed the “refresh” for Post Toasties.
Created appetite appeal with use of sunlit photography and used graphic treatments to capitalize on Toasties long history and heritage while remaining true to brand equities.
• Responsible for all Kraft Food Service package designs