Jul 2017 - Present (3 years 7 months)
Manager, Global Industrial Design + Innovation
Helen of Troy
Dec 2015 - Jul 2017 (1 year 7 months)
Industrial Designer / Product Development Engineer
Jarden Corporation (NUK USA)
Jan 2015 - Dec 2015 (11 months)
• Designed and Engineered baby products for NUK and Gerber brands.
• Produced feasibility models and prototypes to validate product concepts in the R&D facility.
• Created and managed specifications, drawings, qualification plans, and test methods for projects.
• Challenged traditional methods of design and engineering to push the boundaries of innovation.
• Sourced suppliers for new materials and manufacturing processes for NPD.
Apr 2013 - Jan 2015 (1 year 9 months)
• Designed and developed product lines within a broad range of categories that include technology,wellness, housewares and fitness
• Proactively partnered with internal and external engineering teams to maintain design intent throughout engineering stages
• Collaborated with Quality Assurance and vendors throughout off tool sample rounds to ensure quality standards are met
• Utilized skills in rapid freehand ideation, Solidworks modeling, and prototyping to bring products from napkin sketch to market
Apr 2012 - Apr 2013 (1 year)
• Conceptualize, design and engineer products from concept to market within housewares
• Assist fellow designers in completing tasks to ensure deadlines are met for the company
• Manage my own projects and communicate with factories in China/Mexico to improve productivity
• Received a utility patent on plunger and base
• CEO assigned me project director of a 25th anniversary concept to be unveiled at Internatiional Housewares Show
Elliot Cohen Design
Nov 2011 - Apr 2012 (5 months)
• Developed in store P.O.P displays for Taylor Swift's fragrance, Wonderstruck
• Helped design aftermarket motorcycle parts and prepared them for prototype
• Helped re-design an electric car concept with engineers in Germany
• Work with international and domestic clients, entrepreneurs, and local firms
Industrial Design Student Sponsored Class
Mar 2011 - Jun 2011 (3 months)
Worked to create innovative solutions for aquatic equipment at Pentair Water, within the Pool and Spa division. Research, 2D and 3D ideation led to a final concept that was presented to the company. Deliverables included highly organized research, rapid ideation, computer geometry, high quality computer renderings, and a finished rapid prototype appearance model.
Fisher- Price Internship
Sep 2010 - Dec 2010 (3 months)
• Designed three toys for the Imaginext brand, that are currently in the market in Target, Walmart, and Toys R Us
• Worked with marketing, packaging, and engineering to develop new products
• Utilized licensing and royalty agreements with other companies while designing