Apr 2019 - Present (2 years 4 months)
This was a 2 year placement at Google as a contractor in Gurgaon. Google Maps consists of many great teams, building what I consider to be one of the most consequential softwares of our time.
- Evaluative UX studies with participants in India and US to determine task success benchmarks for various customer journeys. Helped teams understand how to improve most used features of Google maps and search
- Exploratory UX studies with participants using assistive tech in India and US. Helped teams understand how to design for people with screen readers and hearing aids . UX Research and Design Consultant for various clients Fractal ink Design Studio
Curiosity Research and Design
Jul 2018 - Present (3 years 1 month)
+) This is my own research firm where I experiment with self funded projects. I've also done projects for Indian SMEs.
1. Causes of vaccine hesitancy and challenges faced in vaccine registrations by sec C and D population in Delhi (multi case study)
2. Helping a startup in the SME space understand how to evolve (multi case study)
3. Helping a Sustainability focused company to understand their target audience (multi case study)
4. Helping a large investment firm solve for customer retention (multi case study)
Web developer and graphic designer
Various projects for broadcast and DVD.
Senior Human Factors Specialist
Human Factors International
UX for McKinsey on SBI's digital banking app. Human Factors International trains its employees in cutting edge HCI theory. In my time here I gained an appreciation of how much difference this approach can make. Projects: 1. Helping bank teams in South Africa develop a best-in-class IVR This IVR, developed through qualitative, theoretical and quantitative research, helps customers find information faster, while reducing call centre costs. 2. Helping clients evaluate and customise white label software by conducting reviews based on user needs. This had a big impact on the final usability of the adopted software. Senior UX Designer SpadeWorx
VODs were big at this time, and this company was a "white label" provider. This was a time when blackberries were still a thing, and our UX testing was done on a range of phones from feature phones to black berries to early smartphones. Projects: User Experience, Visual Design and Project Management for Video Streaming services. Arpit Bhargava | UX Researcher - page 2 Creative Head Katchy Media
Animation Film / Motion Graphics Designer
Delivered animation and motion graphics productions. Also successfully implemented a variety of software systems including touch screen information kiosks interactive TVs and modular queue management systems.
UX researcher and Designer
Fractal Ink Design Studio
Sep 2016 - Jul 2018 (1 year 10 months)
A design studio in Mumbai where I was mostly involved in individual postings to other firms. My main learning here was an appreciation for all the different people involved in building anything and where Design is only one of the steps.
1. Increasing productivity at AI training centers for autonomous car mapping systems. (ethnographic study)
2. Identifying opportunities on digital maps for 2 wheeler delivery drivers (multi case study)
3. Proposing better smart city applications. (literature review)
4. Guiding UX for McKinsey on SBI's digital banking app.