Freelance Art Director
Jan 2014 - Present (7 years 3 months)
Design Director + Art Director
Copacino+Fujikado – Voted Best Small Agency NW by Ad Age
Sep 2012 - Jan 2014 (1 year 4 months)
• Generated concepts and established design direction for integrated advertising campaigns—including print, digital, tv and OOH.
• Partnered with Executive Creative Director to create on-brief advertising for clients such as Premera Blue Cross Blue Shield, Symetra Financial, Children's Hospital, and Chateau St. Michelle Wineries.
• Oversaw design direction and brand consistency for a clients in the categories of tourism, retail, finance, food and beverage and healthcare.
• Provided art direction during film and photo shoots.
• Delivered client presentations and effectively communicated complex design topics.
• Built trusting client relationships by encouraging open discussion, listening to feedback, and solving problems without sacrificing design integrity.
Associate Creative Director, Senior Graphic Designer
Nov 2010 - Sep 2012 (1 year 10 months)
• Elevated the overall quality of design at a tv-centric ad agency.
• Directed T-Mobile branding, working closely with client to define the brand’s aesthetic and create brand guidelines.
• Performed traditional art director duties for T-Mobile broadcast.
• Work closely with Strategy and Account teams to ensure campaigns are on-brief and delivered in a timely manner.
• Developed aesthetic for the T-Mobile + NBA partnership, creating a balance between two disparate brands. Increased T-Mobile's coverage perception among NBA fans by 9%.
• Was promoted from Senior Graphic Designer to ACD after 10 months.
Art Director, Senior Graphic Designer
Jan 2008 - Nov 2010 (2 years 10 months)
• Conceptualized and designed global retail campaigns for adidas Basketball and Running.
• Established aesthetic direction and wrote creative positioning for new Running lifestyle collection.
• Directed photo shoots with NBA athletes and professional models.
• Contributed to adidas re-branding 2010 with concepts and design.
• Worked with creative director, designers, project manager, producer, and vendors to deliver large-scale projects with tight deadlines.
• Redesigned footwear packaging to elevate the status of premium brands.
• Designed magazine ads, retail windows and in-store signage for adidas and NBA stores.
• Group creative efforts resulted in basketball shoes eclipsing all other shoe categories at adidas for the first time in Company history.
Senior Graphic Designer
Apr 2006 - Jan 2008 (1 year 9 months)
• Directed design efforts for consumer marketing and insights company.
• Designed direct mail campaigns, resulting in best historical sales year.
• Overhauled company branding and implemented new brand standards.
Graphic Design Freelancer
Apr 2005 - Apr 2006 (1 year)
• Freelanced for various clients, including Red Hat.
Ampersand Design Group
Jan 2003 - Apr 2005 (2 years 3 months)
• Was promoted to art director after nine months and became responsible for all design efforts, including idea generation, concept execution, photography direction and print production.
• Specialized in annual reports and designed corporate marketing materials, websites and identity design
• Directed on-site photo shoots, including executive portraits.
• Prepared files for print production and performed press checks.
Video Editing Intern
Jun 1999 - Aug 1999 (2 months)
Edited video footage for CNN segment "Cool Digs" and a documentary on Laura Bush.